Yamaha RX-V2300 -> Philips DVD963SA

R

Randu

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I'm having some unusual trouble, have you ever experienced this?

Running a Philips DVD963SA -&gt; Yamaha RX-V2300

The receiver has trouble &quot;accepting&quot; (for lack of a better term) the digital feed from the 963.
CD Audio:
I understand the RX-V2300 won't do the 192khz Upsampling. &nbsp;96khz works but it will only play in 2-Ch Stereo, no PL or PLII or any of the DSP modes (I like to use 6-CH Stereo). &nbsp;I did try setting the PCM from 96khz to 48khz, no difference. &nbsp;CD Digital input with Upsampling Off is able to do all the digital modes.
DVD:
I was playing around last night using Eagles #### Freezes Over for the DSP mode, chose the DSP (vs PCM) option at disc start-up, toggled to the DVD-DSP mode on the Yammie and had fantastic DSP Digital sound. &nbsp;I switched it to 6-CH Input mode to compare, when I switched back to DVD-DSP... no sound.
Stopped and re-started the disc, it launched straight into PCM without offering the DSP option. &nbsp;I completely powered the receiver off and back on and the DSP came back.

I've switched toslink and coax back &amp; forth a few times, that doesn't seem to be the culprit.
For these tests I disconnected the 6.1 connections to be sure that wasn't causing any &quot;competition” problem.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis