C

calgarianperson

Junior Audioholic
ive been looking at Yahama recievers to intigrate with a Crestron system and I was wondering which unit you would reccomend. I need at least 3-4 component inputs, probably 3 optical or coax inputs, and 7.1 outputs at at least 140 watts per channel.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
2500 or better... The 1500 is the lowest level with RS-232 control, but the 2500 is the lowest level with 3 component inputs. I have a Z1 and it is great, but I keep looking at the 2500 as a possibility as well... I think it offers you a lot more bang for the buck than the Z1. The Z9 is just killer though.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
140 watts per channel???
The Z9 is the only one that will give you that.(170wpc)
the 2500 has 130wpc I believe. That's already alot of power.
The Z1 has 6.1 channels.
I agree with BMX in that the 2500 is a better bang for the buck but I have no serious complaints about my 1500. Generally it's $200 less than the 2500.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, the 1500 is excellent as well and would be recommended if the person could live with only 2 component inputs. I don't understand why manufacturers even think 2 component inputs is acceptable at all anymore.

2 component inputs shows up on $200.00 A/V receivers, and has not reached 3 inputs on a receiver 4 times the price! That's ridiculous. The 1500 should have 3, the 2500 should have 4 - but they have 2 and 3 respectively. 3 is marginal at best, 2 is just pretty much unacceptable for a lot of people.

HD Cable + DVD + Game Console = 3 ... hope I don't need any more.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
BMX,
You're right, I over looked that requirement. Easy mistake for me as I don't run component through my reciever. I go straight to the TV.
Let's face it the reason the 1500, and other comparable recievers from other manufacturers, have two rather than three component inputs is marketing. Just one of the dangling carrots to get the consumer to spend the extra 200 bucks. For me at this point it's not an issue. My TV has two by itself, if I need a third I'll use the reciever. We have game consoles (PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox on practically every other TV in the house. The 57" is the only one the kids don't control.

C

calgarianperson

Junior Audioholic
i was looking at pricing and it appears that the 2500 is about 800 bucks. is that correct?? and then the z9 looks to be about 3500 dollars. frankly im not sure the z9s worth it even though it does look pretty amazing. i asked in another thread but knowone responded so ill ask you guys. about how much do paradigm speakers cost. i live in Canada so im not sure if theres importing/exporting levies you pay in the states since there built in Canada but about how much do you think it would cost to run 2 fronts (the monitor 7, 9, 11 or 90p) 2 surrounds (i guess the only monitor surround the have) 2 rears (the monitor mini, 3, or 5s) the center channel from the monitor series and then the subwoofer from the monitor series.

ive heard these speakers sound sweet and arent to badly priced. lastly if i put these in a room run by some kick *** cabeling from the 2500 would it sound sweet?

C

calgarianperson

Junior Audioholic
thanks i was checking out the lines but i still can't seem to find wher it lists the MSRPs.

C

calgarianperson

Junior Audioholic
found them now... thanks for your help...

if i have two dvi sources to go into my tv what would the best reciever be? the 2500 is perfect however i think that i might have two dvi sources that may have to go into the tv.

Last edited:
M

Mega2000

Audioholic
calgarianperson said:
found them now... thanks for your help...

if i have two dvi sources to go into my tv what would the best reciever be? the 2500 is perfect however i think that i might have two dvi sources that may have to go into the tv.
with two DVI sources you might be out of luck. Only really spendy AV receivers have even 1 DVI input a few others have multiple HDMI.

you can probably get a DVI switch but those are pricey and using component cables on one of those sorces would work just fine, especially if one of those is a DVD player. My DVD player actually looked better w/ component cables that it did through DVI

I have a v2500 and run XBOX and DVD component cables through my receiver and run my HD Cable TV straight to my TV via DVI. The main reason I do this is so my fiance can watch TV without touching the receiver and i can watch normal TV without having to turning on the reciever to get sound.

I amlost wish I saved $200 and got the 1500 but I am very happy with the v2500.

D

diggerdave

Audioholic Intern
I paid $400US for my Paradigm C370 center speaker from our local dealer here in Seattle. 2 weeks later I went to the same dealer and bought a pair of the Paradigm Atoms for $225 I think it was... my mains (big tweeters, 8inch woofers) are a pair of Paradigms I bought 12 years ago (same dealer) for $225. I'm no audiophile, hell I can't hear anything above 10 or 11khz but my wife is a musician and we're both quite happy with our set-up. I'm really like what it (the yam 2500) can do for old mono cd's (caruso, john mccormack etc) using the concert hall ambience settings...

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
diggerdave........................you shopping @ Definitive Audio? If so, ever have any luck negotiating prices there? I live N of Seattle & do a bit of shopping at Magnolia. I've had good luck getting price reductions there but not at Def Audio, which is the only place I've found that has Paradigm speakers.

D

diggerdave

Audioholic Intern
no. but then I've not ever tried to talk price with them. and all I've ever bought from them is the 5 speakers over a 12 yr period, 3 in the last month though. if I were buying more expensive item or several items of gear I might. Also Paradigm really holds the line on their pricing and outlets. you notice their speakers are not available on the web. at least not that I've found. And yeah DA is the only Paradigm dealer in the I-5 corridor...

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
I was at the Bellevue store last year looking at a pair of Studio 60's(80's?) for $1600 & the guy wouldn't budge a penny. If he could have got me out the door at $1600(just cover tax) he would have had a sale. It was that close. Being in Bellevue I'm sure he probably feels he could sell them any minute at list.

R

Reggie Died

Audioholic Intern
If you're in Seattle, you might want to consider driving north of the border and buying in Canada. They tend to be the same price (just called Audio Video Unliminted [avu.ca] on Broadway and they are selling off Atoms v.3's at $200CDN vs $225 USD), but the Canadian dollar definatly sucks, so you could be walking away with a deal.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis