J

jtckf

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I need help. I've haven't been able to find anyone that knows how to fix equipment. We all love AUDIO. BUT we obviously don't have a clue how to fix 'em. I contacted YAMAHA via E-Mail. there answer was&quot; its probally not worth fixing&quot;. OF COURSE NOT,they didn't spend their own, hard earned money. Yamaha has a reputation of producing high quality equipment, they obviuosly need to get a staff that stands behind it. I bought this because of the &quot;Yamaha&quot; name. I will NEVER buy another if there own &quot;STAFF&quot; says its not worth fixing...</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>Have you tried speaking with a Yamaha rep in their headquarters located at CA.

Try them, exactly where are you located?</font>

J

jtckf

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>That was the company I called.(Calif,). They were the ones that said it wasn't worth fixing. I live in NW Pennsylvania.</font>

<font color='#000000'>Usually, when techs or others say &quot;it isn't worth fixing&quot; that can be commesurate with the following equation:

Cost of repairs + cost of materials &gt;= Cost of equivalent replacement unit

No matter how much you like your particular unit, it may be that it would be more cost effective to obtain a replacement. Pricing keeps going down, and used/outdated units, are especially inexpensive to obtain (search eBay).</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
hawke : <font color='#000000'>Usually, when techs or others say &quot;it isn't worth fixing&quot; that can be commesurate with the following equation:

Cost of repairs + cost of materials &gt;= Cost of equivalent replacement unit

No matter how much you like your particular unit, it may be that it would be more cost effective to obtain a replacement. Pricing keeps going down, and used/outdated units, are especially inexpensive to obtain (search eBay).</font>
<font color='#000000'>On the topic of costs check out http://www.yamahashoponline.com/searchresults.asp?dept_id=15 clearence section. Some of yesterdays top of the line recievers are going for under $300. Maybe you can replace your reciever with one of those bargains. RXV 702 for $129

Just a suggestion.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis