Yamaha receivers RXV530,630,730

R

rob

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I was just looking at these 3 receivers at the yamaha website and was surprised to see very little difference between them.
The RXV530 at $399.00 has 5 channels @ 75W per channel.
The RXV630 at $499.00 has 6 channels @ 75W per channel. This is the ONLY difference between the two.
The RXV730 at $599.00 has 6 channels @ 75W per channel.
It adds on screen display which is the ONLY difference between it and the RXV 630.
Other that these receivers are identical.
I agree that the 6 channel is a big difference if you have a 6 speaker system, but normally you would find greater differences between models like more audio/video inputs or more power, surround modes, etc.
It just strikes me as funny that the only difference between the 630 and 730 is OSD.
BTW, the 730 is on sale at Goodguys for $499 right now, which makes it the same price as the 630, but the bottom line is if you only need 5 channels and don't care about OSD you get the exact same receiver for $200 less ($100 now).</font>

D

dasquared

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>um...yamahaluver...this is up your alley I think!...</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
dasquared : <font color='#000000'>um...yamahaluver...this is up your alley I think!...</font>
<font color='#000000'>Thanks dasquared, you know if I reccomend Yamaha there are certain members who think I am an unabashed Yamaha plugger but even then I will certainly help out.

If your priority is music with occasional movie watching then 5 channel is just fine. Save the money and get some good speakers from the same manufacturer, preferably the same range as tonal quality have to match. The RXV 530 seems to be a good choice. All I will add is full range towers for main and a sub. In my case I recently acquired a DSP system having lived with my seperate Yamaha pre/power amp route for a long time. Having waited so long I decided to try out Yamaha's best DSP amp in this case the AZ-1. I have installed the 8 surrounds and have used it with DTS on some movies. It was fun to watch 'The Fast and the Furious' but overall most movies I rent hardly take advantage of my surrounds in general and definitely not my rear centers.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis