Yamaha Receiver RX-V620

N

ninja12

Junior Audioholic
Does anyone have any idea why the RX-V620 does not allow you the ability to calibrate the front two main speakers? I am able to calibrate the center channel, the surround speakers, and the subwoofer. But, for some reason, the menu does not display the two front main speakers. I can, however, set them to "Large" and "Small".

Your response is much appreciated.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
ninja12 said:
Does anyone have any idea why the RX-V620 does not allow you the ability to calibrate the front two main speakers? I am able to calibrate the center channel, the surround speakers, and the subwoofer. But, for some reason, the menu does not display the two front main speakers. I can, however, set them to "Large" and "Small".

Your response is much appreciated.
Many of the lower-middle amplifiers assume that you are setting your surround speakers to match to your mains.

They don't allow you to set the two mains independant of each other, even though you might need to under certain conditions (wierd room shapes, etc).

The "Large" and "Small" setting is most helpful when you have a subwoofer. Setting mains to "Large" will usually send most or all bass signals to the main speakers. Setting it to "Small" will tell the receiver you want the lower bass sent to a subwoofer.

crashguy

crashguy

Audioholic
Leprkon is right. Its allowing you to calibrate the levels of your other speakers to match that of your mains.

Leprkon - for the # of times I've said you are right in one of my posts, you should send me a $5..... :p

N

ninja12

Junior Audioholic
Yamaha RX-V620

So, I got it right. Since I could adjust my main speakers, I just calibrated my other speakers to match my main speakers. The sound is really awesome.

N

ninja12

Junior Audioholic
I meant to say since I couldn't adjust my main speakers instead of could. I'm pretty sure you know what I meant.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, you have it right.

The issue is that if they give you full calibration of your mains, then what is everything else balanced in reference to?

Likewise, in a CRT projector, everything is designed to line up on the green gun typically, which is the gun located in the middle, when calibrations are performed.

You start with a reference point - your mains - and then get everything else to sound as good.

N

ninja12

Junior Audioholic
Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciated it.

Keep it sounding good!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis