Yamaha receiver air play connection issue

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Just got Apple Music free trial. My receiver RX A850 is connected to wifi. When I go into Apple Music in my phone and select airplay I see my receiver but it won’t connect to it. Not sure why. Restarted phone and unplugged receiver still no luck. Thoughts? For now I’m using blue tooth but would like to figure out the problem.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Both are connected to your Wi-Fi network? Yamaha not just using Wi-Fi Direct?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Can you connect your AVR to your router using a network cable, at least for testing?

On my home anything that can be connected to LAN is so with the rest on WIFI as that gives a better experience and less problems.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Yes connected to same network. Can’t really use Ethernet but can try my Ethernet adapter to see if it works. Appears it seems the receiver is having problem. It says it’s connected to the network but it can’t locate the the firmware file. The firmware is only 1.65 and the the recent firmware should be 2.87.
alsk when I try to connect to music cast it won’t connect either.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I tried using Ethernet adapter and I’m connected to the network but it seems like it can’t find the updated firmware. Keeps saying not found whether it’s connected wirelessly or Ethernet. Guess I have to try usb?

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
After a lot of trouble shooting it is now solved. I had to turn DHCP from off to auto and it finally works.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
No clue did I? I noticed in the receiver in living room there was a setting dhcp and it was off. The receiver I have in the basement had DHCP turned on and the basement had no issues. Once I changed this setting it worked.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes connected to same network. Can’t really use Ethernet but can try my Ethernet adapter to see if it works. Appears it seems the receiver is having problem. It says it’s connected to the network but it can’t locate the the firmware file. The firmware is only 1.65 and the the recent firmware should be 2.87.
alsk when I try to connect to music cast it won’t connect either.
If the AVR is connected, it may not be a good connection. The fact that it connects doesn't mean it will perform well and even with decent signal strength, I have seen pitiful speed and throughput tests. Read the bottom line under my post- it's real.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No clue did I? I noticed in the receiver in living room there was a setting dhcp and it was off. The receiver I have in the basement had DHCP turned on and the basement had no issues. Once I changed this setting it worked.
Either you use dhcp to automatically assign an ip address automatically/dynamically with your router or you use a fixed address.....personally I always use dhcp. Not sure what you did/didn't do.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis