Yamaha new shaped subwoofers

J

jadeft

Audiophyte
Hi guys! What are your comments on the new shaped subwoofers from Yamaha (YST FSW050 and YST FSW150)?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I have never been a fan of Yamaha subs. I'd stick to HSU, SVS, eD, ePik, Rythmik, Aperion, and TSC to name a few.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Mildly interesting based on looks, but it probably performs on par with a computer 2.1 sub. Lost interest...

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
The 50 is rated to 35Hz and the 150 to 30Hz can we really call either of these a sub? I know my JBL is rated to the mid 30Hz's and there's no way that I'm willing to call it sub any more. My X-CS go almost as low and by the time I have it loud enough to hear it's cracking up.

Maybe near field for a MBM?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The 50 is rated to 35Hz and the 150 to 30Hz can we really call either of these a sub? I know my JBL is rated to the mid 30Hz's and there's no way that I'm willing to call it sub any more. My X-CS go almost as low and by the time I have it loud enough to hear it's cracking up.

Maybe near field for a MBM?
I wouldn't even use it for that. It's enclosure probably isn't designed to tame the resonances in the 150hz range, so it will not improve the sound in any way, just add noise.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis