A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The new MusicCAST2 introduces a completely new MusicCAST system redesigned from the ground up. The system consists of three different products, the MCX-RC100 Network Music Commander remote, the MCX-P200 Pre-amp Network Music Player, and the MCX-A300 Amplified Network Music Player. It gives you access to Rhapsody, Internet radio, or tracks stored on your computer (up to 16 on a network), USB sticks, and Bluetooth devices (with additional BlueTooth receiver). iTunes is supported as well as MP3, WMA (no lossless or PRO), AAC (no Apple lossless or FairPlay DRM), FLAC and WAV audio files.

Discuss "Yamaha MusicCAST2" here. Read the article.

L

lbro

Enthusiast
This looks like it is going to be a great companion to my 3900!!
I can't wait for the review!

Lou

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Does that make my mcx-1000 an antique. Seems like the squeezebox but somewhat more expensive.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
missing "n"

I agree that the missing "n" wifi is an omission. Someone at this device's target income level has probabaly already bought a new laptop in the last 6 to 12 months with "n" included and is of the mindset that "g" is old fashioned.

And if the device can be configured to broadcast to 32 zones or rooms, you're likely talking about a huge, huge house where the range advantages of the "n" standard would actually be useful if not neccessary.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
no one has still managed to put together the whole package and i don't understand why. it's not like it would cost a ton to get it right the first time?

1. wireless
2. all popular file formats INCLUDING lossless
3. capable of playing hi-rez files (96/24)
4. competitive price (i.e. in the squeezebox/sonos ballpark).

D

DigitalNut

Audiophyte
- MCX-P200 missing some sort of digital out .e.g. coax, optical or even HDMI
- Hi-Res format support would be great (96/24) and support Hi-Res 5.1

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
Does that make my mcx-1000 an antique. Seems like the squeezebox but somewhat more expensive.
Instead of the yamaha MusicCAST2 simply buy a desktop + router + Squeeze Box 3.
The SB3 is way better, the software is open source and has been around for years. Plus, anybody's got a computer these days - just install Slim Server and buy SB3. I really don't see a point in the pricey Yamaha MusicCAST2.
They are late with this product and the product is very expensive. Plus I don't see this product having half the features and support of the SB3 or Transporter.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis