Yamaha HTR-5760 or Pioneer VSX-815

D

DAMAC

Audiophyte
I wish it hadn't happened, but I have bought both of these receivers. I bought the 815 32 days ago, but I saw the 5760 two days ago as an open box and bought it for $209 including tax. I thought I was gonna be able to take back the 815 (paid $280 b4 tax), but I got home and saw the receipt was 31 days old (OUCH!). So I can't return the 815. If I kept the 815, I would have to sell it on a forum or ebay. I could return the 5760 if I wanted to. But I am wondering if I should keep the 5760. I felt like I got such a good deal that I could sell the 815 for a little bit of loss but still come out good. Does anyone think the 5760 is much better than my 815? I haven't even hooked up the 5760 and tested it out because I am in speaker transition. Please give me your expert advice as I am still learning.

To give you some background info, I am primarily interested in home theatre. I have an Athena Point 5 MKII system, but I bought two AS-F1's (at Bestbuy, open box with 30% coupon = $138 after tax for the pair!!!) to be my front left and right. So my Point 5's will be the surrounds to give me a 7.1 system. I bought a BIC America V-1220 sub for $170. I don't have all these speakers yet, so I don't currently have the full setup. I would like to get rid of one of the receivers as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
At first glance, the Yamaha weighs 6lbs more (larger power supply??). Also, the Pioneer is $200 less than the current Yamaha 5860 at Best Buy. It appears the Yamaha may be better comparing the two, but if you were comparing the 5860 to the Pioneer 1015, I'd have to rule in the 1015's favor. Step up to the 5790/5890 and you have a fight on your hands. I think your speaker selection is perfect, and either unit will sound fine. Hopefully you'll have some time to test both units side by side. I'm sure if you do, you'll favor one over the other. Make sure to test them with flat settings.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis