rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Okay, I have a few questions for the Yamaha 1400/2400 owners. A friend of mine is in the process of buying a new receiver. My question is regarding EQ/Multi channel settings.

On my Pioneer, for stereo sources I have two modes.
1. Stereo - 2 ch with sub-woofer
2. Direct - 2 ch no subwoofer

Does the Yamaha provide 2 channel with subwoofer?

The second question is.. Does your receiver allow you to have different speaker level controls for multi-channel inputs? For example can you use the speaker level controls on receiver to calibrate audio output from dvd multi in? If so does this effect the channel levels on other sources (ex. DVD opt. or TV input)?

Last question.. How does the auto calibration work? Does the receiver allow you to customize your eq settings and use the YPAO?

For example with my Pioneer ELite, I can use the MCACC and still have 2 other custom EQ settings that I can configure to my liking. I can also copy the MCACC settings to another custom setting and make any changes I want w/o effecting the auto-calibration.

These features are important to him, he is a tweaker and would love to have some versitility when doing this.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Yes the Yamaha will pass the sub in 2 channel provided your sub out settings are BOTH on the receiver, just dont hit the pure direct button. Sadly for some strange reason Yamaha decided to disable the sub in this mode.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Please explain the use of YPAO. If you you use the YPAO can you set your own eq settings? With my receiver I can use MCACC and I have the choice of 2 seperate custom settings. I can copy the MCACC info into one of these settings and make adjustments as I wish. (w/o effecting the MCACC settings) Does either the 2400 or 1400 have this option?

This may seem like a silly question. I do know that there are quite a few of us that like to tune the eq to our own personal tastes along with the use (YPAO/MCACC) for movies.

J

joelincoln

Junior Audioholic
It is my understanding that there is only one EQ setting in the 1400/2400. When using YPAO, the unit employs a parametric setup which is controlled automatically. You cannot manually adjust these settings.

However, you can choose to not use the YPAO EQ and set the equalization manually in a graphic configuration. So it's either automatically set parametric EQ, or manually set graphic EQ.

U

Unregistered

Give it a Break

rgriffin, why don't you just say what your trying to say. You aren't asking this info for a friend. You are hyping again. The Pioneer has two eq set up positions and the Yamaha has 1. There I did it for you. Do you feel better now that thats off your chest? The only problem with your little diatribe, is that the eq settings go out the window with 5 channel audio. DVD-a and SACD bypass all those settings, making them a little less important as you think. This is one feature that is nice, but it would also be nice to have PLIIx like the Yamahas do. I am sure "your friend" would like to know that also. Why don't you just get a job selling pioneers? You seem to be working overtime selling them for free. You have a case of Yamaha envy. Why, the Pioneer is just so pretty? Give it a break.

U

Unregistered

Were those features on the Pioneer, important factors in your descision when you bought the Pioneer Elite? I was wondering how much you use them, as I am shopping for a receiver. I am looking at Denon as well. I know that all three have parametric eq setup, but only the Pioneer Has the mutiple choices. I know that all three do 2 channel with and without the LFE.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis