Yamaha DVD/CD Player Mods

MGailing

MGailing

Enthusiast
Alright, so after unsuccessfully have 2 authorized Yamaha repair shops and Yamaha themselves repair my unit, I have given up on them. My CD/DVD player (Yamaha DVD-E600) has from its very beginning made loud clicking noises from within the disc tray. These are loud enough to ruin the music at low volume and is terribly bothersome when either a DVD or CD is playing (brand new and used)

(There is no warranty as it was purchased from an unauthorized dealer, but it is still brand new - no more than 3 months old).

So I have to now resort to my last option which is modifying the unit to get rid of the sound. My question is, what type of mods are available to such a unit if any at all? Can I replace the entire Yamaha dvd/cd mechanism? Insulate the interior? Replace a transistor?

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated as well as recommendations to shops that do good work in the Southern California area. I need good people to work on this - everyone I have had look at this thing has either dented it or scratched it and then LIED about it to my face. Bastards.

Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis