Yamaha BD-S677 Blu-ray 3D Player Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Once upon a time, disc players sole function was...playing discs. A quaint notion these days, players such as Yamaha's latest BD-S677 have higher aspirations, aiming to be full fledged A/V hubs in today's home theaters. Priced at $329.95, the BD-S677 boasts built in WiFi connectivity, enabling multiple internet streaming options, as well as a few other handy tricks. What do the Audioholics' think of Yamaha's latest Blu-ray player offering? Keep reading to find out.

Discuss "Yamaha BD-S677 Blu-ray 3D Player Preview" here. Read the article.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
If it database looks up for movies and music, and had netflix and a few other apps, it could replace my WDTV Live Plus and my Sony BluRay player in one box. Are the manufacturers of these disc players beginning to target dedicated media players such as WD?

B

bweber

Audiophyte
Recently bought the BD S677 hoping to replace a very old HK 7600 CD player and cheap Toshiba Blu Ray. Two sets of analog so i hooked up the yamaha and switched back and forth between the two (using a duplicate cd). My impression: the HK (circa 1990) had a warmer sound, better middles and highs!?!
Anyone else had a similar experience?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Once upon a time, disc players sole function was...playing discs. A quaint notion these days, players such as Yamaha's latest BD-S677 have higher aspirations, aiming to be full fledged A/V hubs in today's home theaters. Priced at $329.95, the BD-S677 boasts built in WiFi connectivity, enabling multiple internet streaming options, as well as a few other handy tricks. What do the Audioholics' think of Yamaha's latest Blu-ray player offering? Keep reading to find out.

Discuss "Yamaha BD-S677 Blu-ray 3D Player Preview" here. Read the article.

I see one used for $100. Is it worth the money in terms of reliabiltiy?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis