Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Amateurs.:rolleyes:During a full throttle rub out, the shaft needs some real protection from chafing.:p
BB5F8607-618A-48FF-9B83-8D34635C7164.jpeg

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Lubes in full swing :D
Gene: "Do you intend to finally lubricate Yamaha AVRs with promised features?"
Phil Shea (Yamaha): "Our beta-lube has low degree od viscosity. Let us try Audioholics members' suggestions"

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Sure glad I didn't get a Denon or Marantz AVR. Denon been pushing the 4700 off on unsuspecting Denon fanboys for 500 bucks more, then their 3700, just as good amp wise. Marantz booyah! cost more than Denon and you get this to worry about. From ASR site,
View attachment 55387
And this , from ASR site,
View attachment 55388
Denon using the same amp board in their 3700 and 4700 but charging 500 bucks more for the 4700. Talk about screwing over the Denon fan club!:p That's pathetic even worse from a company like Denon and Marantz.lol :D
Yamaha, heavy is the head that wears the crown.:D It's been slow here sooo.. let's get ready to rumble!:p
Another killer screen-shot, hahaha! It blasted my eyes o_O

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You read that Denon's 4700 and 3700 uses the same amp board, but the 4700 cost 500 more than the 3700.
I did not hear that.

but I am sure them Denon-boyz will tell you the 4700 has other things like upgraded DAC, power supply, etc.:D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I did not hear that.

but I am sure them Denon-boyz will tell you the 4700 has other things like upgraded DAC, power supply, etc.:D
I read that over on ASR site. PENG and a few other's talking about that. Yamaha RX-A4A 1499, RX-A6A 2299, 700 plus tax between the two price wise.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just for kicks... what does the same Amp board do if the power supply is different? What about the other features.

Believe, I'll join you with pitchforks and torches if there are shenanigans afoot, but like components where possible, is also part of good design and custs down on costs.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I read that over on ASR site. PENG and a few other's talking about that. Yamaha RX-A4A 1499, RX-A6A 2299, 700 plus tax between the two price wise.
Yeah the only reason to get the A6 over the A4 is if you have a 5.2.4 system, instead of 5.2.2 system.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Also some might think the step up to 150 watts is worth spending more for the A6a
How much more is 150 watts compared to the A4A? I wouldn't think it amounts to much. I think independant sub outs would be a better reason.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
How much more is 150 watts compared to the A4A? I wouldn't think it amounts to much. I think independant sub outs would be a better reason.
LMGTFY
:p
1500 and 2300 (Best Buy Pricing)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Yeah I would agree independent sub out is the better reason for sure. I think the a4a is listed at 110.
Back when I picked up my Yamaha 3060, the main reason I went flagship was to get the most wattage out of an AVR without having to go to an outboard amp. I have not been disappointed by the power at all. Although I do think about the possibility of adding an amp though :rolleyes:

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Not the pricing, the difference in power!
The difference in power is only 1.35 dB. It isn't worth the difference in cost, unless someone prefers some other feature or desires slightly more headroom.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis