Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
@AVR Enthu on a side note, you seem to be knowledgeable and well edgeofucated, :D dam autocorrect;). 65" 4K tv besides OLED. You got a good recommendation?
It depends on how much is your budget.
1. Sony A95K QD-OLED - best display and picture on the planet, high-mid budget
2. LG (W-OLED) C2 - high-mid, G2 - premium
3. Panasonic, Philips and others (W-OLED)
4. discounted 2021 models of the above

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It depends on how much is your budget.
1. Sony A95K QD-OLED - best display and picture on the planet, high-mid budget
2. LG (W-OLED) C2 - high-mid, G2 - premium
3. Panasonic, Philips and others (W-OLED)
4. discounted 2021 models of the above
Thanks! Just a note, was joking about Samsung 4K TV's, I'd owned one if the price was right and the deal is real. Not the low-end model's. Budget 2K, the one I really want is Sony's A90J 65 Master Series. But at $3.599.00 plus taxes no way. It was on sale at BestBuy for $2.999.00 but not anymore.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
You can always try Palo Alto to rejuvenate yourself. They do a lot of transcendence over there. :D
They do a lot more than transcendence.:oops: Interesting though, they sure gotta lot of spas, massage parlors.:D

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Thanks! Just a note, was joking about Samsung 4K TV's, I'd owned one if the price was right and the deal is real. Not the low-end model's. Budget 2K, the one I really want is Sony's A90J 65 Master Series. But at $3.599.00 plus taxes no way. It was on sale at BestBuy for $2.999.00 but not anymore.
You can also go for Samsung QD-OLED.

Samsung QD-OLED will be cheaper than Sony this year. This is because Samsung Electronics (father company) forced Samsung TV division to sell it. Panels are produced by Samsung Display, but TV division does not like OLEDs... There was an outrage when Sony announced that they bought QD-OLED panels form Samsung Display, but Samsung daughter company does not want to sell the same panels.

There is a whole in-house drama over this issue there... TV division did not want to sell panels made by Display division, because they berated OLEDs for years and promoted LCD panels. Then the Display division complained to head office and voila! America will get QD-OLED from Samsung this summer.

Those TVs will not be marketed as top tier, but just below their flagship LCDs. That's why those TVs will be chepear than the same panel from Sony's A95K. You should be able to get it below $3K.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
You can also go for Samsung QD-OLED.

Samsung QD-OLED will be cheaper than Sony this year. This is because Samsung Electronics (father company) forced Samsung TV division to sell it. Panels are produced by Samsung Display, but TV division does not like OLEDs... There was an outrage when Sony announced that they bought QD-OLED panels form Samsung Display, but Samsung daughter company does not want to sell the same panels.

There is a whole in-house drama over this issue there... TV division did not want to sell panels made by Display division, because they berated OLEDs for years and promoted LCD panels. Then the Display division complained to head office and voila! America will get QD-OLED from Samsung this summer.

Those TVs will not be marketed as top tier, but just below their flagship LCDs. That's why those TVs will be chepear than the same panel from Sony's A95K. You should be able to get it below $3K.
Yeah, the reviews pro reviews are good on Samsung umm Q90, thanks for the heads up! I'm reading articles right now on both Sony and Samsung QD, if I'm reading right, it's the next level up from OLED? The article is stating that the prices may be cheaper than they first originally thought.

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Yeah, the reviews pro reviews are good on Samsung umm Q90, thanks for the heads up! I'm reading articles right now on both Sony and Samsung QD, if I'm reading right, it's the next level up from OLED? The article is stating that the prices may be cheaper than they first originally thought.
Yes, it's improved OLED - brighter, less burning risk, better separation of colours, etc. And cheaper.

Move any questions about OLEDs to PM.

Last edited:
SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Bought the Sony A8H 65" a couple of years ago and am still very impressed with the picture, brightness levels and deep blacks. The ARC interplay with my A6A can be frustrating at times but unplugging the TV usually solves the gremlins. The A8H's cheapish remote is my biggest gripe.

Am looking forward to the QD level but price vs how much better do I need it to get will weigh heavily.
In case you had not see this review of the Sony A95k QD, he has an interesting take on what he calls "realism"

https://www.t3.com/us/news/i-tried-sony-a95k-qd-oled-tv

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Am looking forward to the QD level but price vs how much better do I need it to get will weigh heavily.
In case you had not see this review of the Sony A95k QD, he has an interesting take on what he calls "realism"

https://www.t3.com/us/news/i-tried-sony-a95k-qd-oled-tv
It makes sense. No one should expect revolutionary changes. It's evolution of technology and he said it:
"...it felt like I was just getting an extra level of texture to things". Plus, we do not know the quality of content initially seen. No technical data, just impressions.
There is a lot of technical data in QD-OLED monitor review on HDTV on youtube, so we already know what to expect from the same panel on any TV.

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Damn Yammy....My search for a poweramp is now finally over thanks to this chunky clunky beauty...Trialed and got rid of a Monoprice 5x200, Emotiva XPA DR3 and other Chifi to finally get to this pristine sounding beauty. It has a utilitarian look and is definitely not the prettiest looking. In hindsight, it would have saved me a lot of hauling and repacking, ugh, if i'd bought this thing in the first place.

I'm running the 3070's preouts for my frontstage with front channels bridged and the center channel bi-amped on the MX-5200. My intent has primarily been to power the frontstage with an external amp and see what happens. 6 of the MX-5200's channels are being used with this current bridged/biamped configuration. Surrounds & presence/atmos speakers are being powered by my 3070....All i can say is WOW guys....

In fact, I think i'll just wrap up my review with a single word "WOW" since all DACs/Preamps/Amps, etc sound the same to a certain category of Audioholics and ASR's members ( don't wanna rile up the "power is power", "watts are watts", "1s and 0s are 1s and 0s" kinda guys this fine morning).

Nevertheless, count me into the Aventage fanclub.
IMG_20220331_121213.jpg

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Damn Yammy....My search for a poweramp is now finally over thanks to this chunky clunky beauty...Trialed and got rid of a Monoprice 5x200, Emotiva XPA DR3 and other Chifi to finally get to this pristine sounding beauty. It has a utilitarian look and is definitely not the prettiest looking. In hindsight, it would have saved me a lot of hauling and repacking, ugh, if i'd bought this thing in the first place.

I'm running the 3070's preouts for my frontstage with front channels bridged and the center channel bi-amped on the MX-5200. My intent has been to primarily been to power the frontstage with an external amp and see what happens. 6 of the MX-5200's channels are being used with this current bridged/biamped configuration. Surrounds & presence/atmos speakers are being powered by my 3070....All i can say is WOW guys....

In fact, I think i'll just wrap up my review with a single word "WOW" since all DACs/Preamps/Amps, etc sound the same to a certain category of Audioholics and ASR's members ( don't wanna rile up the "power is power", "watts are watts", "1s and 0s are 1s and 0s" kinda guys this fine morning).

View attachment 55024
Damn. It's like buying HAL. Don't leave the spaceship.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

I'm running the 3070's preouts for my frontstage with front channels bridged and the center channel bi-amped on the MX-5200. My intent has primarily been to power the frontstage with an external amp and see what happens. 6 of the MX-5200's channels are being used with this current bridged/biamped configuration. Surrounds & presence/atmos speakers are being powered by my 3070....All i can say is WOW guys....

View attachment 55024
You picked up that amp new?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Best advice I was ever given about the aging process was....Never trust a fart after 40. ;)
Sadly you're wrong young Padawan. ;) again you gotta hope you make it to 63. People die everyday at every different ages. Some I've heard spontaneously blow up for no reason at all. Just poof you're gone! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis