Yamaha Audio vs Jamo vs Klipsch - Which speaker of these brands are the best?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is there some reason for indoor/outdoor speakers like the A345/A320? Why such small speakers? While they have slightly larger drivers than the HKTS9 set does, they still are quite small and their cabinets are more about withstanding weather...

Take music with you you're familiar with for demos is easy enough to do, altho the bigger differences will be in room/setup of the speakers.....

A

apoorvasheth

Enthusiast
Is there some reason for indoor/outdoor speakers like the A345/A320? Why such small speakers? While they have slightly larger drivers than the HKTS9 set does, they still are quite small and their cabinets are more about withstanding weather...

Take music with you you're familiar with for demos is easy enough to do, altho the bigger differences will be in room/setup of the speakers.....
Well I really aren't sure of these speakers suggested by the owner of Authorized dealer, it is he who has suggested me about these speakers for my Living room. Are these speakers good enough according to you since you questioned about any reason & I didn't even knew that these are indoor/outdoor speakers...Well, I need a good loud sounding speakers, music being sweet like that of Harman Kardon & vocals (dialogue) being absolutely Crip, Clear movie dialogue - detail delivered clearly and crisply without getting lost amongst the effects.

How about this one:

DALI OPTICON VOKAL
DALI OPTICON VOKAL - A centre speaker in perfect harmony and control (dali-speakers.com) ?

I have also attached a photo of my Living room which shows Speakers setup...

Attachments

Last edited:
A

apoorvasheth

Enthusiast
Today I went for a Demo of Jamo speakers & my goodness, the speakers were not at all satisfactory enough...they sound just like my "Entry Level" Harman Kardon HKTS 9 speakers...what a Rubbish speaker! I had stepped into the demo room with lots of joy & excitement & from what I heard, all joy went down the drain...it just could not meet my expectation set!!!

So makes no sense to upgrade such useless were the sound quality of it....now to talk about Paradigm Cinema 100 5.1 speakers - these speakers sounded more like a computer speaker...like that of a Logitech 5.1, so they too sound similar to my entry level speakers...I mean like what is happening? Why will I spend Rs. 95,000/- INR on speakers which sound similar or rather worse then my Harman Kardon HKTS 9...It sounded more like that of a computer speaker....

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
The Dali speakers have a good reputation here and would be a good choice. I am sorry to hear about the Jamo. And as I had no experience with the Cinema speakers, it sounds like that was not worth it either. The problem is that stepping into more of an audiophile experience will take cash. To stay on the smaller side, and step into way better speakers your budget will need to be much larger. That cannot be helped.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
To follow up, I would step up to the Paradigm Monitor series and see if that fits closer to the sound you are looking for. I myself own Premier and Prestige speakers but all told I probably have $10K USD invested. I know you don't have that budget, but I have a feeling that 4 Premier 100B speakers for the size of room you have would run $1600 USD. Way more than you want to spend. The Premier 500C is another $800 USD and I would highly recommend at this point either a SVS-PB2000 or a Defiance X10 subwoofer for the low frequency stuff. This I understand is not cheap, but at this level IMHO is the entry level audiophile.

B

bansi patel

Audiophyte
Yamaha is best, personally used. and service from pavilion electronics is far better from other.

M

mjcmt

Audioholic
Knowing this tread I'll still post my 2¢ if it may help someone. As I'm aging audiophile speaker which still sound great w/ music are not that great for dialogue on movies in some situations. I'm finding great results w/ a Yamaha Avr or Rega integrated amp w/ Klipsch Forte speakers. Klipsch are lively, airy, throw a large soundstage and most of all clear sounding. Now to add a Heresy center but that would mean reconfiguring furniture to accommodate. I'm finding their Heritage speakers excel for music as well as movies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis