T

theguy

Enthusiast
I am considering buying a 2400. In my summer home I have a 1000 and I am reasonably pleased with it. Does the 2400 have enough power for all 7 channels? Does anyone think the Denon 3805 will have any more power? I like the idea of perhaps adding a two channel power amp to drive the front channels (especially since the THD can be much lower than the AV receiver) for excellent music quality. Any thoughts?

M

mattmatt

Audiophyte
theguy said:
I am considering buying a 2400. In my summer home I have a 1000 and I am reasonably pleased with it. Does the 2400 have enough power for all 7 channels? Does anyone think the Denon 3805 will have any more power? I like the idea of perhaps adding a two channel power amp to drive the front channels (especially since the THD can be much lower than the AV receiver) for excellent music quality. Any thoughts?
have you tried the onkyo txnr 900?? it took me 5 min. to decide to get this over the yamaha 1400, which i believe is quite similar to the yamaha 2400...just my two cents advice... :p

annunaki

annunaki

Between the two, with all seven channels running simultaneously, I would say that the Denon has the edge in available power. The power consumption spec says it all. Denon - 7.1 amperes (120V) or 852 watts. Yamaha - 4.16 amperes (120V) or 500 watts. Figuring a rough guess of 50% amplifier efficency at full continuous power (very typical of most class A/B designs), the Denon would do roughly 60 watts x 7 simultaneously and the Yahmaha about 35 watts x 7 simultaneously. These figures are by no means exact, but will be in the neighborhood + or - 5 to 10 watts or so per channel.

D

dmoss

Junior Audioholic
I have a rx-v2400 and it simply is not able to run my Paradigms to a 0 decibel. It shuts down on 2 channels. I know that is still loud but I think you will be sorry if you expect much from the yammie by itself on 7.1. Now if you are talking about adding an amp this is an excellent receiver. I adding the ATI 2505 running 250 continuous on five channels for around $ 1600.00 on sale at www.onecall.com. So for around $2400.00 I have what I believe is a better setup than the flagship receivers, and saved $1000 to $2000 in the process.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis