Yamaha 1400 and booze speakers

C

crazyburn

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I'm a novice audio holic. I like music and want to build up a good system.
Can I mix and match Yamaha receiver (like 1400) and booze speakers.
has anyone tried this before ?</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Hi,

Why commit this heinous crime?
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
A

abe

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>B_O_S_E speakers are NOT good with any amps/receivers.  They are junk. Period.

Try some other brands that has true values, e.g., PSB, Axiom if you are on a buget, Dynaudio if money is not an issue.  I have 1400 and it works great with my Dynaudio speakers.

Abe</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I was looking at buying Yamaha 1400 and maybe Yamaha speakers ? is that a good idea.
Another thing which I'm not able to figure out is how good is music stereo reproduction with home theater speakers ?
I would like to buy a home theater speaker set but 60% of the time I would listen to music CDs.

Anyone has any views about Yamaha speakers ? and Yamaha Home theater speaker sets ?</font>

C

crazyburn

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I was looking at buying Yamaha 1400 and maybe Yamaha speakers ? is that a good idea.
Another thing which I'm not able to figure out is how good is music stereo reproduction with home theater speakers ?
I would like to buy a home theater speaker set but 60% of the time I would listen to music CDs.

Anyone has any views about Yamaha speakers ? and Yamaha Home theater speaker sets ?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>crazyburn,

I have a set of Yamaha Speakers and have found them to be very good for the money. &nbsp;I have Yamaha NS-150 mains, Ns-C300 centre, NS-5X rears, NS-C105 rear centre and a SW320 sub.

I have no complaints about these speakers and auditioned many why buying them. &nbsp;I have read many reviews on the NS series and they are all good.

Ben</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I'll second that. &nbsp;Yamaha speakers are excellent performers. &nbsp;Also consider looking at Athena Technology loudspeakers as well. &nbsp;Both crands can be found at best buy if you are unfortunate enough not to have any other routes to go for your gear.

On the bright side...best buy is finally moving to quality speakers...hopefully KLH and Bo$e gets pushed out for products from NHT and Mission.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis