Ya just gotta love unlimited data on Iphones.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Rita's had an Iphone forever. Well, not quite forever but when she got it, they offered an unlimited data plan and she went for it. That plan is long gone but, since she's had it pretty much forever, they'll grandfather her with that until we either drop AT&T or change her plan (like that'll ever happen).

I never really thought about it until we took it upon ourselves to take a four day driver to Texas and back.

XM priced themselves out of our lives within the past year and we honestly didn't miss it. The only time it got any real use was with long trips. Now, on the way to Texas, we started to miss it. I mentioned how much Slacker and Pandora provided hours of music at home and she said she had Pandora, and gave me that big smile. She also went "on line", or whatever they call it, and got the Slacker app.

So, we had endless Christmas music, Country Swing and Oldies on our way to and from the Lone Star State.

Now, I'm a believer in Iphones and may have to get one.

Lord, I love that woman.

Matt34

Matt34

The Andriod phones can do the same, but yes I let my Sirius/XM expire this month for the same reason. I use spotify and iheartradio mostly for my music on my phone.

I just went from an HTC one Android phone to the Iphone 6 and they are quite comparable.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ya'all gotta pry my Galaxy s4 out of my cold dead hands. Simply due to three simple factors : 1) i paid full price for it, but on very cheap plan and I intend to use as long as possible to get most of value 2) SD card support and 3) replaceable battery
S5 is nice, but not enough for me to switch.

As for unlimited plan : yea, they are nice, but with my 5gb fast 4G speech and after it unlimited but at 2G speeds i could stream music for a very long time. At&t will eventually stop all unlimited plans

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I intend to use as long as possible to get most of value

I think this is good strategy. I have an S2. I looked at upgrading and could not recognize any significant benefit. A faster chip is nice, but until apps or my activities really demand the extra speed, why bother? The hardware has caught up and passed the software's demands. Until some "killer feature" is added or software gets much more sophisticated, the days of "needing" a new phone every two years are over (at least for the people paying attention).

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Very much agree with you kew. I had hard time upgrading my s2,in the end what put the last nail is my mom wanted a smartphone and my company owner got it. The 2nd excuse was if I had same device it would be easier to support. I don't regret. S4 is big step up from s2, but i easily could see how s2 would be sufficient for simple stuff

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, I'm not an Android power user, but saw the same dynamic with PC's. Hardware development seems to be able to outpace software development.
1990 you had to buy a very expensive CAD/CAM station to do CAD work (AutoCAD, MasterCAM, etc). Over the next 15 years, it reached the point where you could almost grab any computer off the shelf and it had plenty of power (there still are some video card idiosyncrasies here and there). Today, a decent laptop will run CAD without a second thought.
Always liked the way Intel promoted the SSD to keep the speed of processors relevant!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis