XTZ Divine 100.33 LCR Loudspeaker Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
At an estimated (based on the Euro price) $2000 each, the XTZ Divine 100.33 LCR loudspeaker system isn't exactly an impulse buy. But considering the technology that is going into it, the price seems more than fair. With dual 6.5" ceramic midranges and a 1" tweeter, the ability to tune the bass and tweeter response, and gorgeous Walnut or Piano Black finishes, they are certainly eye catching. The 100.33 have only recently started shipping and we are not sure when they'll be coming to the states. When they do, we're hoping to get a pair in for review.

Discuss "XTZ Divine 100.33 LCR Loudspeaker Preview" here. Read the article.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"It's all part of the plan", as the Joker would say. :D

Didn't we just ask XTZ on the forum to send AH a sample for review? :D

All speaker companies with guts and not afraid to show off their flagship line need to send Audioholics their samples for review.

Think you are among the best? Prove it here. :D

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Agreed. Still haven't heard a damn thing from them as far as testing. I mean that's their own choice, but between that & the weird pricing conflicts....they need a serious webpage makeover for the US site AND better CS here in the states before they make the move

With that being said, they have some incredible drivers being used in their products so we'll see! Interested to see how these guys stack up with some of the best of 'em

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Agreed. Still haven't heard a damn thing from them as far as testing. I mean that's their own choice, but between that & the weird pricing conflicts....they need a serious webpage makeover for the US site AND better CS here in the states before they make the move

With that being said, they have some incredible drivers being used in their products so we'll see! Interested to see how these guys stack up with some of the best of 'em

Their product offerings look great but they are so numerous and their model#s are confusing. They definitely need to tighten it up a bit.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Those accuton mids are pretty killer, and I really like the idea of the ceramic dome tweeter. I'd love to see this speaker reviewed.

That said ceramic is very fragile and I think would be better suited to an MTMW/ WMTMW than an MTM. I would strongly recommend using subwoofers.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I really like the idea of the ceramic dome tweeter....ceramic is very fragile...I would strongly recommend using subwoofers.
Is Ceramic more fragile than Beryllium and Diamond?

I think Randy B bought the TAD S-4EX and blew the Ceramic tweeter. I think.

I also heard a few people blew their Diamond tweeters (B&W).

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Is Ceramic more fragile than Beryllium and Diamond?
Depends on the ceramic I suppose.

Boron carbide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boron carbide (chemical formula approximately B4C) is an extremely hard boron–carbon ceramic material used in tank armor, bulletproof vests, and numerous industrial applications....

Uses

Padlocks
Personal and vehicle anti-ballistic armor plating.
Grit blasting nozzles.
High-pressure water jet cutter nozzles.
Scratch and wear resistant coatings.
Cutting tools and dies.
Abrasives.
Neutron absorber in nuclear reactors.
Metal matrix composites.
High energy fuel for solid fuel Ramjets.
In brake linings of vehicles
I'm guessing something like that is a little less fragile than a cheap ceramic vase.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
From Pioneer:

Ceramic Graphite is one of the lightest and most rigid materials available for tweeter diaphragms.

Its combination of lightweight and exceptional strength enables diaphragm resonance to be pushed far beyond the operating band of its drive units. This produces near-perfect piston behaviour, resulting in cleaner sound and greater accuracy of reproduction.

Thanks to this improvement, the Pioneer new Ceramic graphite tweeter can reproduce the very high frequencies of the new high definition audio formats.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
B&W has a diamond tweeter!! *gasp*

:D
You know the cheapest aftermarket diamond tweeter is $4,000/pr ? :D

That's just for 2 tweeters. :eek:

So even the B&W 805D2, which you can buy for $4,000 new is a bargain. :D

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
The drinking has started. :eek: :D
HEY! Geologist here....that's seriously what diamond is though. In a quick, very brief explanation. Diamond and Graphite have the same chemical composition, just different structures. Diamond is "basically" what happens when graphite is under intense heat & pressure.

/rant

*goes to fridge for beer #5 "or so"* lol

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
HEY! Geologist here....that's seriously what diamond is though. In a quick, very brief explanation. Diamond and Graphite have the same chemical composition, just different structures. Diamond is "basically" what happens when graphite is under intense heat & pressure.

/rant

*goes to fridge for beer #5 "or so"* lol
And here I thought a diamond is what happens when Kobe's marriage is under intense heat and pressure.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
And here I thought a diamond is what happens when Kobe's marriage is under intense heat and pressure.
This thread has veered way off topic, but even I have to admit that this is funny... :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis