JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Do any sub companies make a sub with balanced inputs under $1000? I dont have room for the huge enclosures like the PB 12 and 13. Will eventually go dual subs and would like to be under 2k for both. Having trouble finding any in this price range. Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited:
JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Not a matter of need really, but my pre has xlr outs for the sub. Depending on where I place them, It may be easier to chain them rather than run two separate directions. Was thinking the xlr would be a better choice for this. Really just starting to figure out which route I want to go for subs, exploring options.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
AFAIK Rythmik is the only company to offer subs at that price point that you can get XLR in/out. The only downside is that you're limited to sealed.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:175%;}</style>

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Because sub's often require extra long cables and are often on a different AC power circuit, balanced XLR analog audio interconnects are the best choice. Note that it's not about the connector, it's about the balanced circuit. (we sometimes see XLR connectors wired as unbalanced)

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Ignore that pm i sent fuzz. I had to go to my phone to see the thread. Not sure whats going on with some of these threads. My feelings as well Skater. When I stated xlr I was refering to balanced, should have been more clear on that, though I guess I assumed xlr were balqnced.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Because sub's often require extra long cables and are often on a different AC power circuit, balanced XLR analog audio interconnects are the best choice. Note that it's not about the connector, it's about the balanced circuit. (we sometimes see XLR connectors wired as unbalanced)
True, but RCA's can be good without boosting up to 50+ft, so for the home setting they're perfectly adequate.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:175%;}</style>

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Thanks Fuzz for your pm reply. I have been looking at Rhythmik. Which model are you refering to? I don't see one with balanced input. Also on the sealed note, i,m not against sealed, Rhythmik is showing down to 14 hz -3db. I think sealed allows more placement options.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Any of the models above the LV12R can have the XLR in/XLR out option added on for $40.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Hsu ULS-15 has XLR inputs as well, although it is a tad over $1k.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Had to go to Rhythmiks site, found the options. Previously I was going off of the Ascend website. They should keep it better updated. The HSU look pretty good as well. The wireless option might be a consideration and for 2g whats another hundy? Thanks for the replys.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis