XBR TV & DVD player?

T

thazy2

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hello everyone! &nbsp;I am new to the board. &nbsp;I have been reading many of the post w/ in the past 4 months.

Im currently in the process of implementing a HT system. &nbsp;My first purchase was a Sony 43&quot; xbr TV last christmas. &nbsp;I could not believe the pic quality of this TV being demoed in the A/V shop. &nbsp;They had the new Star War clone something piped in from a Denon DVD player.

After tons of research, I had decided to go w/ the Denon 5900. &nbsp;Then I found out that the new 1080i DVD players were coming out soon. &nbsp;As a temporary fix, i purchased the Sony 500p dvd/vcr player ($200). &nbsp;

Playing Finding Nemo and Spiderman, the pic was not so sharp as i had witnessed in the av shop. Their was a hint of fuzzyness that was apparent to me. &nbsp; Even w/ the DVE assisted adjustment, I was not able to get pure clarity as seen demoe in the store.

Qestions:

Could this DVD player be of poor quality?
How to determin if its the TV?
How come xbr TV does NOT have contrast adjustment?

Please and thank you...............Jason</font>

E

ED27

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Are you using the component video ouputs? &nbsp;If so, is the output set to progressive scan and not interlaced?

Which TV do you have? &nbsp;Did you mean 34&quot; instead of 43&quot;? &nbsp;I couldn't find a 43&quot; XBR model. &nbsp;Also, the contrast control is the same as the picture control.</font>

T

thazy2

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>yes, it is piped &nbsp;in through component vid w/ monster M-series cable. &nbsp;And the player is set to progressive.

Yes, it is the 34&quot;. &nbsp; SORRY!</font>

E

ED27

Audioholic Intern
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
thazy2 : <font color='#000000'>yes, it is piped  in through component vid w/ monster M-series cable.  And the player is set to progressive.

Yes, it is the 34&quot;.   SORRY!</font>
<font color='#000000'>I would go back to the store to see where they had the controls set to. &nbsp;In my experience, stores like to &quot;crank&quot; things up to WOW customers. &nbsp;Discs like DVE and Avia will most likely have the sharpness turned down from what you're used to seeing in stores.

Also, was the store's signal piped directly from a DVD player or through their video distribution system? &nbsp;If the latter is true, you may have been watching a HD signal or a scaled one.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis