XBOX 360 HD Connection

S

shockemags

Junior Audioholic
I just had a friend give me his XBOX 360 (Awesome, I know). I am not sure if it is a core or a premium but I know it is not an Elite ( but I can't complain, it was free ) so I am wondering what is the best cord and way to hook it up to get the best quality picture and audio through my Onkyo 604 to my 720p HDTV...?

-ShockEm

P.S. I'm pretty darn excited.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
The best way to hook them up is component for video and optical digital audio for audio. That will give you full surround and 720p to your tv. Make sure to set the proper settings on the console.

Be careful he might have given you one of those older more likely to overheat xbox ;).

Also, if it has a 20gig hd it is the premium also if its main controller is wireless than it is most likely premium. The core did not come with the HD and came with wired controllers.

S

shockemags

Junior Audioholic
VGA Cable

Will this take care of my HD Video (through the VGA) and HD Audio (through the optical)?

My TV does have a VGA port.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
That looks like it has everything you will need to get set up.

S

shockemags

Junior Audioholic
Well the guy just dropped it off and its has the HD componet cables with it so I'm just gonna save the money and just get the optical cord for the audio.

O and it was a prememium... Sweet!

Any suggestions to making it black? Skins? Paint?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I am pretty sure you can pick up skins online for the thing to make it black.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You may be able to get a black faceplate, but to make the whole thing black you will need to paint it or just trade it in for an elite.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis