Xbox 360 Drops Price On Tuesday Morning

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Xbox 360 Drops Price On Tuesday Morning
By Stephen Totilo Jun 14, 2010

With the announcement of the new Xbox 360, older models are dropping price by 50 bucks, according to an internal memo from major retailer Target.

The Xbox 360 Arcade is dropping from $199.99 to $149.99 at Target. The Elite will drop from $299.99 to $249.99.

The Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition will drop from $399.99 to $349.99. The Final Fanttasy XIII and Splinter Cell Xbox 360 bundles will drop the same way.

Obviously these drops are being done to clear the way for the now-shipping new model of the Xbox 360, which will sell for $299. The new black 360 will sell at the price that used to reserved for the Elite. But the new model is superior to the Elite, sporting integrated WiFi and a 250GB harddrive, compared to the price-dropping Elite's 120GB drive.

Source: Kotaku

majorloser

majorloser

The guys at AH beat you to the punch :D

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/xbox-360-new-form-natal-kinect

Word is that the new console has been shipped to retailers starting today, so they may show up on shelves later this week for $299. The older consoles will no longer be manufactured, but will be sold while stock lasts with some speculating a $50 discount, pricing the remaining Elites at $249 and the Arcades $149.
I can't wait to hear comments and reviews once the new units hit the streets. Hopefully the smaller CPU new design will allow the unit to run coler and prevent RROD. So far my Elite has worked flawlessly. So I'm not in the market, yet. But hopefully Microsoft can step up their game with this new design.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
You can't win them all, but I did beat them in posting about the kinect and the new 360 though.:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis