C

cheapskete OCer

Audioholic
Nuglets said:
PC is good for only FPS? Try flying and airplane with a controller on a console. I can do it on my PC thanks to Flight Simulator, a yoke, and rudder pedals. How about real time strategy games like Age of Empires...that would be pretty lame on a console trying to scroll around a map with analog sticks. One game that I can play well on a console is GT4 for PS2 with a racing wheel, but I also have a better game for PC called GTR. Anyways, I can't stand any games on XBOX 360 and hate the gameplay and the graphics of every game I've played. I hope that the PS3 is a much better console than the XBOX 360 or I definately won't be buying it. Just my 2 cents.
LOL...were not having a PC vs Console war here...thats pointless...that is strictly opinion...i owned almost every console that was introduced in the USA besides the neogeo and a couple of the atari systems like the jaguar...dont even start raggin on the 360 it is a very capable machine..and im still in awe when i play some of the games on it...if you hate the graphics your TV must suck ..ok im done..no offense...FanBoy

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
Nuglets said:
PC is only good for FPS? Try flying an airplane with a controller on a console. I can do it on my PC thanks to Flight Simulator, a yoke, and rudder pedals. How about real time strategy games like Age of Empires...that would be pretty lame on a console trying to scroll around a map with analog sticks and selecting guys to command around. One game that I can play well on a console is GT4 for PS2 with a racing wheel, but there is also a better game for PC called GTR. Anyways, I can't stand any games on XBOX 360 and hate the gameplay and the graphics of every game I've played. I hope that the PS3 is a much better console than the XBOX 360 or I definately won't be buying it. Just my 2 cents.
See sarcasm never translates well over forums. People get worked up over the silliest of things.

N

Nuglets

Full Audioholic
I am sorry but I didn't rag on it. I didn't say anything about it's capabilities, I simply said I didn't like(I used the word hate which is my opinion) it, the gameplay, or the graphics. I was also saying that a PC isn't "only good for FPS games". That statement is invalid and provoked an argument whether you like it or not. I would not want a PC vs. Console war because I love my PS2, and think consoles are a much easier option than setting up a PC for the average gamer.

I wasn't getting worked up before, I was just stating my opinion. Now that OC has insulted me, I am worked up. People who talk about things like a PC fanclub really bug me, because they obviously like what they like and could just as easily be called a "fanboy" of whatever that happens to be.

People that are considered "fans" of PC's are usually well informed people who understand a simple truth, that hardware for PC's is always improving the capabilities happen to be far greater than that of a console. Most people translate that as "Consoles suck, buy a PC." which is incorrect. Simply understanding that the hardware is superior is not saying that there isn't a place for console games, but the "power" of it is not up to par with a PC and this is shown in the price. Whether you like it or not, $399 will not get you a super-computer, it will get you a gaming console with middle of the road capabilities.

Also, the fact that it's a capable machine isn't related directly to a quality game. The programming of the game is up to programmers not the console maker's. The fact that I don't like any of the games, the gameplay, or the graphics is not a problem I have with Microsoft, it's the people that make the games I've played for the XBOX 360. Although, it is the console itself which has an operating system with the limits of programming language's the programmer is able to work with.

Starting your post with "LOL" and ending with "No offense FanBoy" is quite childish and shows that you aren't capable of taking part in a civilized argument so I hope you don't reply and this argument is over...but who knows? Also, talking about how my T.V. must suck is just ridiculous. Please don't deliberately offend me and follow it with "no offense". You are very arrogent!

Last edited:
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Here's what I want. A HD system that can do games like Sony's original GT whatever version and Hot Shots Golf. I'm not into FPS, and could care less playing others online. Does the XBOX 360 have a great golf game, as well as a driving game? Tiger Woods PC games are horrible IMHO. I just have a hard time swallowing $500 for a new PS3 to play a few games in HD. You gotta realize I'm from the Atari 2600/Coleco Vision era. I still have a working Vectrex game in the basement if any of you are old enough to know what that is. The Sony PS is the last system I've had. My next one will probably be the last until my kids are into it. They're still young. ;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
This is weird. I used to play GT3 and GT4 all the time, and I was really good at it, but ever since Underground 2 and Most Wanted came out, I can drive with a keyboard better then people with steering wheels.

I don't need a console for driving games. As far as keyboards go, its called wireless.

SheepStar

N

Nuglets

Full Audioholic
Sheep said:
This is weird. I used to play GT3 and GT4 all the time, and I was really good at it, but ever since Underground 2 and Most Wanted came out, I can drive with a keyboard better then people with steering wheels.

I don't need a console for driving games. As far as keyboards go, its called wireless.

SheepStar
I would classify GT3 and GT4 (playstation) and GTR (PC) as simulators and the NFS series to be far from simulation. That may be the reason the steering wheel won't help someone in those type of games. If you try to race in GTR with a keyboard vs. somebody with a steering wheel you will be at a major disadvantage.

It would be like trying to fly in Flight Sim without a yoke. Just not happenin' if you wish to fly as you would in a real airplane without scaring the hell out of anybody riding with you :D

Buckeye, if you like simulation driving games Gran Turismo 4 and a Logitech Driving Force Pro racing wheel will be the only way to give you that on a console. Otherwise there is GTR for PC which is another simulation driving game which you can use the same wheel. As far as XBOX is concerned, there is Forza Motorsports, but you won't get the simulation feel because there isn't a wheel for the XBOX that is comparable to the Driving Force Pro, which has true force feedback and 900 degrees of rotation.

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

This is how you drive

On a custom made black leather console. And a drink holder to boot :p

EDIT: I was going to put a spinner hubcap on the side of the chair as a joke.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
PGR is the biggest fopa to racing games sinse mario kart.

Undergounrd 2 and MW have very different driving engine then GT3 and 4. BUT, I like being able to paint my car after buying it. ;)

GT3 and 4 also get frustating sometimes. I like my oversteer and that game doesn't have any (unless you have a supra with a stage 4 turbo).

SheepStar

C

cheapskete OCer

Audioholic
Nuglets ...im just yanking your chain buddy...have some fun...i was calling youa sony fanboy by the way....and withdraw any offending comments Major loser...thats is a very big very nice system(showoff;) ) buckeyefan all we have for golf right now is tiger woods...racing PGR3 burnout revenge NFS most wanted and test drive ..i like the first 3 mentioned racers

majorloser

majorloser

The room is 20'x12'. The screen is 100" diag. Nothing like playing games on the Big Screen. And "yes", I have played computer games in there. It's a pain to use a keyboard when you're reclined back chillin'. Gamepads are much easier to use.

Granted those shots weren't very good since I wasn't using a tripod. PGR2 was always a favorite of mine. I also like the NFS series. I'm waiting for the PS3 before I decide which one I'll sink my funds into. I don't mind waiting.

C

cheapskete OCer

Audioholic
Major..if you get a chance ..rent burnout revenge wether you like the game or not ..you should hear it....it has the best sound ive heard in a racing game ..it really sounds like your in a freaking hotrod and like your wrecking an entire city...actually you can just download the demo of it for free on the marketplace if you have xboxlive

N

Nuglets

Full Audioholic
Sheep said:
GT3 and 4 also get frustating sometimes. I like my oversteer and that game doesn't have any (unless you have a supra with a stage 4 turbo).

SheepStar
Ever driven the RUF CTR "Yellow Bird"? That car is the prime example of oversteer!! You can't just power oversteer any car but there is definately plenty of it in GT4, especially when you use a wheel and can really control it. All it requires is rear wheel drive, a decent amount of power, and some skill and you can oversteer all you want in that game. Not the best way to win races but it can be fun. It's also very hard to control a car that is oversteering with the X button and analog stick. It requires a good deal of control of the steering wheel and accelerator pedal just as in a real car.

By the way...That's a nice PGR setup but that game is nowhere near a simulation driving game if realism is what you are looking for in a driving game. That wheel also doesn't have true Force Feedback and no 900 degree rotation.

I'm the type of person who likes realism in a game. I like to play games that reflect things that I really love doing like: racing cars, flying airplanes and shooting people...Well maybe not the last one :p but the first two are a blast in the real world and I like games that do a great job simulating the experience. I guess I take the fun out of video games a little bit. I just use them to sharpen my driving and pilot skills.

OC...thank you for the apology, I was just a bit offended and really hate that "fanboy" term. It is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life and the only people I've EVER heard use it are people defending the XBOX. No other time have I heard that term used and it's annoying as hell. Sorry to blow up, I just truly loathe it. Anyways, no hard feelings...Peace.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Ever driven the RUF CTR "Yellow Bird"? That car is the prime example of oversteer!! You can't just power oversteer any car but there is definately plenty of it in GT4, especially when you use a wheel and can really control it. All it requires is rear wheel drive, a decent amount of power, and some skill and you can oversteer all you want in that game. Not the best way to win races but it can be fun. It's also very hard to control a car that is oversteering with the X button and analog stick. It requires a good deal of control of the steering wheel and accelerator pedal just as in a real car.
All having a steering wheel tells me is you need a more advanced mechanism to do what I can do with a more primitive one. :p

I can control oversteer with a X button and an analogue stick (they're pressure sensitive, remember?) and I can drift with a keyboard. All it takes is practice.

SheepStar

N

Nuglets

Full Audioholic
Sheep said:
All having a steering wheel tells me is you need a more advanced mechanism to do what I can do with a more primitive one. :p

I can control oversteer with a X button and an analogue stick (they're pressure sensitive, remember?) and I can drift with a keyboard. All it takes is practice.

SheepStar
Sheep, you are playing a completely different game where driving is unrealistic. I play a game where driving is realistic. Try racing a real car with buttons.

By the way, buttons in a car would be a pretty advanced mechanism if they found a way to get it to work. A steering wheel is pretty basic :)

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis