X-Box 360 with internal HD DVD?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
If this gets released and MS has figured out how to fix their units I think this would be a great move for the 360. Adding Wi-Fi is a big deal, IMO, as that is one of the reasons I didn't get a 360 originally as I didn't want to blow $100 on an adapter. More fuel for the console and HD wars.

Source.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
If this gets released and MS has figured out how to fix their units I think this would be a great move for the 360. Adding Wi-Fi is a big deal, IMO, as that is one of the reasons I didn't get a 360 originally as I didn't want to blow $100 on an adapter. More fuel for the console and HD wars.

Source.
They should have done this from the beginning, instead of going with all the different SKU's and add ons. Especially the built in wifi. Oh, and they should figure out a way to put the ridiculous power brick inside too.

That said, i don't think it's going to make much of a difference sales wise. This type of move affects the top 5-10% of buyers, most of which have already taken the plunge. NPD just released numbers this month that showed that 50% of 360 owners didn't know that it played DVD's and 60% of owners of PS3's didn't know it played Blu-Ray discs. That's way higher than i would have expected, especially on the PS3 side. Most people already have DVD players, so the 360 numbers didn't surprise me too much, but not knowing you have a hi-def player?

It makes me believe more and more that Nintendo made the smart decision this time around, as much as i may hate it as a gamer. Their margins are huge, their consoles reliable, and they're at a price friendly to the consumer. They have one version of the console. Games dev costs are half of what the others are. And that's before you factor in the Wii-mote as a coolness factor.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis