WTB Mirage Prestige S10

D

DavidD_OKC

Audiophyte
Long shot I know but I’d like to find a Mirage Prestige S10 to be the .2 in a basic system.

I’m currently running a Mirage OMD 15 based 5.1 system in the living room and would like to see what a second matching sub will do.

F

florencephile

Audiophyte
Long shot I know but I’d like to find a Mirage Prestige S10 to be the .2 in a basic system.

I’m currently running a Mirage OMD 15 based 5.1 system in the living room and would like to see what a second matching sub will do.
Love the omd series, pass hard on the sub though, get yourself something better for whatever price range you can afford it, svs or hsu come to mind.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
As a Mirage collector for years now I can tell you the Prestige series subs are junk. I currently own or have owned everything from the original M series to the OMD series and have had lengthy listening time with almost every sub they ever made besides the MM6/MM8, Omni S8 and Omni S10 (used to run a pair of Omni S12’s and the MM series are just as bad the MX satellites they were sold with). The Prestige series does nothing worth tracking down. For what it will cost for shipping and the actual cost of a used one there’s a wide variety of exponentially better subs out there. I’ve used a pair of BPS-400’s along with a pair of SVS SB1000’s for over two years now and the BPS’s have been phenomenal, I can say the same thing for any of the M, MSI, OM, Omni and OMD series, I’ve never had issues with them where it was a result of poor quality construction and/or materials. I personally think this has a lot to do with their production and assembly being in Canada for all the speaker series I mentioned besides the OMD’s. I’ve ran OMD-15’s as surrounds in a system that had the 25’s for mains, C2 for CC and 4 5’s for height layer speakers but found them extremely capable speakers only recently swapping out the entire system for a matching Mirage HDT setup due to space restrictions. If you want to stick with Mirage I do have a pair of Omni S12’s, a pair of OM-200’s and a pair of BPS-150i’s that are sitting idle it any of them interest you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis