Wow. the spam that shows up here at night is incredible.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Having more than a few sleepless nights lately, I've been doing the graveyard shift here. the nonsense/roboposts that show up here are numerous and bizarre.

To the mod's credit, they disappear almost as soon as they appear but the sheer number and nonsense of these is staggering. Keep up the good work, mods.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Agreed! I am often up 5-6a and can never believe how many spambots hit here!

Definitely good work on the never ending clean up!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
yea ever since we moved to Xenforo, I notice we have more spammers. They almost always come out at night and usually from the Middle East. I'm not sure what the solution is but I will ping my web developer to look into this.

Kudos to the mods for helping with this. You have my sincere thanks!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Nice work! I don't see any ads this morning! lol

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
We changed the registration process verification to a key capcha where a user has to physically move parts of an image to complete the image, it’s a bit annoying to be honest but at the same time it will help us understand if its human spammers or bots we are dealing with, If we continue to get spam from this point on, we have to assume its not a bot and good old moderation is the only thing that’s going to stop it as its highly unlikely a bot could complete the verification process.

Let me know how this goes guys and especially mods. thanks.

Am386SXL

Am386SXL

Enthusiast
I didn't find it annoying at all, it seems to be a strong a security metric to me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis