WOW sony audiophile grade speakers...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hi-Res Audio - Home Theater Speakers & Components Sony Store - Sony US hurry up and preorder, these are NOT going to last....

a tweeter on the front and on the top? Wow, must sound good... Seriously though I am curious to listen to them, not enough to spend $600 on a pair or single depending how that works, but all aluminum cabinet and weird tweeter design has me curious..

Last edited:
S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't quite get the point of the Sony hi-rez player since it appears to just get shoes from one box to another. I am now able to download HDtracks at 24/96 in ALAC to place into my iTunes library. From there, over USB, I convert to S/PDIF optical with Creative Sound Blaster and output to Sony TA-E9000ES DVD input, which accepts 24/96. Also, this $2000 dollar player has no decoding of multi-channel DSD.

I think Sony has lost its way since its founder's passing. I also think they could get back on track by bringing out a simple updated TA-E9000ES with HDMI, WI-FI, and Bluetooth. Maybe, they could offer the STR-5800ES without power amp. Yeah, that would be a good start.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Sony has the available resources to be the best at everything, the problem is they won't sacrifice the 'now" to make it happen, but they are getting there. I read the article about them trying to get "back on top" in every category, PC's, A/V, Cellular, Gaming, ect. Their gaming and laptops didn't have far to go, but their tv's have room for improvement as well as their Audio line, and the cellular I didn't even know existed... I own a bunch of viao laptops, a couple lcd bravia's {the newest one is 5 years old}, 4- ps3's, and I can not complain much about that stuff, except one tv I bought from them developed a swoosh through the screen, the laptops charging ports are weak, and a few early ps3 issues... For the most part good stuff..

On another note, I like to see these companies recognize the demand for "better " quality audio equipment, the problem with their lines is that its not that great and there is already better options available, they need to come out with something epic to change the game...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis