WoW Kills off Power PC support

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
As of the patch yesterday, WoW will no longer support Macs on the Power PC chip... and you can no longer play the game...PERIOD, UNLESS you upgrade to the Intel chip...:mad:

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
at least itll get WoW players out of the house while they buy a new computer :D

jk :p

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
WOW! A modern game refuses to work on (At least) 4 year old hardware - True shocker...:rolleyes:

Damn You Blizzard!
As well as Crytek,EA,Valve, Bethenda and EA while we at it..

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
No, that isn't the point...if it needs to be an intel chip for the new expansion then fine, but the Power PC users can even play Litch King that they were playing 2 days ago...

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
WOW! A modern game refuses to work on (At least) 4 year old hardware - True shocker...:rolleyes:

Damn You Blizzard!
As well as Crytek,EA,Valve, Bethenda and EA while we at it..
WoW is almost 6 years old, so that argument doesn't work :)

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Well I don't play wow so I can't comment on the patches, but I'm pretty sure they haven't changed the engine, so the graphics should still be the same...and if the game still supports old pentium 4s or core solos or single core atoms or whatever, it should still support old macs running powerpcs :/ Removing support for hardware in a patch seems awfully backwards to me :(

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
The new graphics engine does not support it, simple as that.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
well if they changed the engine then that's a different story, but that's still pretty lame. i guess if only .003% of the subscribers were still running powerpc based systems then it wouldn't make economical sense to code in that support. now those guys can take that 10 dollars a month and save for some new hardware :)

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
well if they changed the engine then that's a different story, but that's still pretty lame. i guess if only .003% of the subscribers were still running powerpc based systems then it wouldn't make economical sense to code in that support. now those guys can take that 10 dollars a month and save for some new hardware :)
The engine was completely overhauled for the new expanison, including DX11 support. It's completely different then what was released way back when.

I gotta say, they optimized the crap out of it to because my machine runs the game much smoother now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis