Would wiring 4 super tweeters per speaker box increase life of tweeters?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Awesome...how could I not have added that. Lmao

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Omg. I spent 5 minutes just laughing through these final couple of pages. So funny. And BSA, keepin' it real. This is one of the funnest threads I've ever participated in. Based on grammar, tact and spelling I'm kind of wondering how old the op is...

SpongeBob SquarePants band aids for surrounds... lololol

vsound5150

vsound5150

Audioholic
OK,my father's computer was broken for a number of months but he finally got it fixed so im now able to upload the pix of my speaker set from my memory card,here dey are-(NOTE- The sperate box to far left is the midrange box,theres 2 switches on that box,I used to switch those 2 mids on or off but decided to just face them to wall(closet) so mids wouldnt sound as loud). Notice the 20 year old 15" sub bass woofer's foam broke a bit because i removed them from box number of times,so theres a 2 by 3 there with towel(need to place another one) until i buy a repair kit. Notice the close up of the super tweeter with the tied green wire in one of its holes,i was going to tie all above 2 holes with green wire and nail them to 2 by 3s but i'll just screw 2 2 by 3s on top of each other and then screw the tweets into the top 2 by 3 when i get to it)-

View attachment 20499
View attachment 20495 View attachment 20496 View attachment 20496 View attachment 20497 View attachment 20498
Damn, talk about DIY that's that real deal right there, overall how does it sound or are you still fine tuning it?

D

domic

Audioholic Intern
This one of the funnest threads I've ever participated in. I'm kind of wondering how old the op is...
Damn, talk about DIY that's that real deal right there,overall how does it sound or are you still fine tuning it?
they sound pretty good, the 1 woofer may sound just slightly numby at times due to the missing foam but it can handle it with ease even really loud, and tw highs are realllly gooood. I kind of dont act, look(?) or sound my age, some fems i see including family, relatives question me, "youre,ummmm................................................................49?"

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
they sound pretty good, the 1 woofer may sound just slightly numby at times due to the missing foam but it can handle it with ease even really loud
If it sounds good now you might as well go ahead and use it until you find the right size inner tube.

vsound5150

vsound5150

Audioholic
they sound pretty good, the 1 woofer may sound just slightly numby at times due to the missing foam but it can handle it with ease even really loud, and tw highs are realllly gooood. i certainly dont act, look or sound my age, some fems i see including family,relatives cant believe im,ummmm,19,err................................................................49.
Super, with all those tweeters you never know what you'll get out of it. I get tempted to rig something up like you did to get more highs which I prefer over bass when listening to music. But I only know enough about the crossover world to risk something going up in smoke.

Are you going to put the tweeters into enclosures or just run it like that?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is one sturdy cabinet. Pretty inert. Pop a mid in the other hole and get some bailing wire to tie up a some 1x3s so I could screw a crapload of Supertweeters on it, then I'd use the nice cabinet on the top part and jimmy a sub in there.

8bcecd3abaec3b4b960d681fe003bbac.jpg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is one sturdy cabinet. Pretty inert. Pop a mid in the other hole and get some bailing wire to tie up a some 1x3s so I could screw a crapload of Supertweeters on it, then I'd use the nice cabinet on the top part and jimmy a sub in there.

View attachment 20525
Lmao!!! Some good stuff coming in here. THAT enclosure should say Bose on it. It'll sure say it on the inside...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Lmao!!! Some good stuff coming in here. THAT enclosure should say Bose on it. It'll sure say it on the inside...
That might actually be turned into something that would play, right? Pop a tweeter in the top hole, find the right speakers for the volume of the bowl and the lower mid... Would that work? I can picture it working, and maybe even sounding good!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That might actually be turned into something that would play, right? Pop a tweeter in the top hole, find the right speakers for the volume of the bowl and the lower mid... Would that work? I can picture it working, and maybe even sounding good!
It might! It's ported, and might work like a horn sub. Looks like it's tuned to about 5 hurts!!!!!

D

domic

Audioholic Intern
:D:D:DOK, i'll go for that toilet speaker set instead, just need some gorrila tape for the 8 tweetz and the toilet seat hole will be perfect for the woofer. With a funny name like domic, should have funny speaker set-
GTGT4811.jpg
TmpFile.JPG
tempted to rig it up for more highs.Are you going to put tweeters into enclosures?
Ummm,theyre strong and sturdy as is with 1 screw,dont need an enclosure for tweeters i think. To make them even more sturdy i'll screw two 2 by 3s behind them,then therell be enough wood width behind the tweeters to screw the top holes. BEST advice i got from this forum is i must wire each tweeter as 8 ohms ea if crossover is 8 ohms. But wiring 4 tweeters will not be louder in highs as 1,will be same. Been 4 weeks,no problem at all.That new crossover i bought was a nightmare,it over heated in 50 min,had to return it for refund,then i rewired my older crossover and its great as always.Didnt need new cross.

Last edited:
Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I imagine it sounds at minimum as good as that box with Bose written on it, well maybe not the one with a board a rag but the other one it would give a run for the money.

This gives me an idea.... need to see if my brother still has those ratshack super tweeters.... oh yeah I gots me a great idea. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I imagine it sounds at minimum as good as that box with Bose written on it, well maybe not the one with a board a rag but the other one it would give a run for the money.

This gives me an idea.... need to see if my brother still has those ratshack super tweeters.... oh yeah I gots me a great idea. :D
Pics or it didn't happen!!!

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Theyre strong and sturdy as is with 1 screw, dont need an enclosure for tweeters i think, woofer yes, tweeters? To make them even more sturdy i'll screw two 2 by 3s behind them, first one into speaker box top, 2nd into other 2 by 3, then therell be enough wood width behind the tweeters to screw the remaining top holes. BEST advice i got from this thread is to wire the 4 tweeters as 8 ohms each, ya must do that if your crossover is 8 ohms, but wiring 4 tweeters will not be louder in highs as 1, will be equal. Been 3 or more weeks, no problem at all. That new crossover i bought was a nightmare, it over heated in 50 min, had to return it for refund, then i rewired my older crossover and its great as always. Didnt need new crossover.
OK, i'll go for that toilet speaker set-

View attachment 20526
Have you heard any other decent speakers lately? If so how they compare to yours and what were they?

Do you happen to own spl meter? As I'm curious at what spl levels you like to listen at? You could buy one for around 10$ if you like, I myself use one to balance my speakers with avr setup, so it can actually be usefull as well.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic

View attachment 20525
Imagine running that with a sub sealed, how much power would it take to crack it? :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis