Would The sound Improve if 2 HT systems were connected?

S

sabedra211

Junior Audioholic
I have 2 home theater systems 1 is a Philips MX6050D Home Theater 500 Watts The other is Panasonic SC-HT400K 600 watts The philips Has a digital Out put and the panasonic has a digital input. If I were to connect them together and play them at the same time would it be louder or one would drown out the other and cause less bass or less surround sound?

Oh and can some one tell me whats the difference or whats it mean CLASS D Amplifier my Philips has that and my Panasonic has CLASS H+ AMPLIFIER
Which one is a better class?
Thanks!

G

guess88

Junior Audioholic
What's the point? Louder is never better unless you're shooting for SPL points, and that realy isn't kosher in HT. Go for which one you believe sounds better, and has better processing.

As for the amps, they differ in types of switching in their power supply. I'm not familiar with Class H+, but i do believe it's full range.. probably more of just a marketing name. Class D is very efficient in power output vs voltage demand, but should really only be used for subs. Lot of distortion in class D too, but it's inaudible in the sub frequency range.

M

mwheelerk

Junior Audioholic
D for Digital

I thought pure class D amplifiers were Digital amplification.

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
You'd get all kinds of cancellation issues between the speakers. As well as timbre mismatch. I suspect it would be rather muddy sounding. You'd be better off spending the money on one better system.

S

sabedra211

Junior Audioholic
Well i already have them both and connected them it only improved the Voice and surround Sound but thats really it it did not really make a difference on the bass.

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
Two indentical subs co-located will only give you a 6dB increase in volume.

S

sabedra211

Junior Audioholic
Tex-amp said:
Two indentical subs co-located will only give you a 6dB increase in volume.

They are not identical one is a panasonic and one is a philips one is 3 OHMS and the other is 8 OHMS what do OHMS mean??

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
Ohm: The unit by which electrical resistance is measured. One ohm is equal to the current of one ampere which will flow when a voltage of one volt is applied

This means the more ohms the less the resistance. The 8ohm sub is more efficient. You aren't giving more than 6dB volume increase and likely are muddying the bass you are getting due to comb filtering.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis