Worth upgrading my klipsch?

C

cruzer

Enthusiast
my current speakers are klipsch ksb 3.1, ksc-c1, ksw 100 subwoofer, sb-1 to round out the back

my question is, im not sure how good a setup this is. ive never been blown away by it, but no real complaints.

would something as simple as the dayton audio mk442 be an upgrade?
would something like the ascend acoustic 340 be a considerable upgrade?
would spending around $1000 be worthwhile of an upgrade over what i have, or would i be better off with what i have unless im willing to spend quite a bit?

thanks

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Didn't you ask this once already

In fact you been given information and recommendations on two separate threads already

C

cruzer

Enthusiast
Didn't you ask this once already

In fact you been given information and recommendations on two separate threads already

Your the only one who said "it would be a sideways step"

Unless I'm mistaken not one person said if it would be an upgrade or not. So am I supposed to just drop $1k and hope for the best? I could have done that without any suggestions.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Okay just my opinion the Klipsch are from the old Synergy series my feelings are the Ascend Acoustic 340s would be an upgrade over the Klipsch.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Your the only one who said "it would be a sideways step"

Unless I'm mistaken not one person said if it would be an upgrade or not. So am I supposed to just drop $1k and hope for the best? I could have done that without any suggestions.
I think you can do better in a $1k budget than those Klipsch speakers. The waveguide in those Klipsch speakers are pretty ancient and is bound to cause problems in the response.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dayton MK442 speakers did sound better, but they will not have the dynamic range of the Klipsch speakers. The Ascend speakers look decent. For $1k, I might look at a pair of NHT C1 speakers and a Hsu VTF-2 mk5 subwoofer. NHT usually makes very accurate speakers and the VTF-2 is an outstanding performer. The NHT speaker probably will not be able to match the dynamic range of the Klipsch speakers, but I think their sound quality would be far above the Klipsch speakers.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I have owned some Synergy speakers from Klipsch ... it is time for an upgrade .. I would keep the Ascend 340 on a short list

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis