Worst hdtv inventions? Gimmicks ?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Pretty sure that's meant to be used as a computer monitor. I do think curved screens are a pretty useless gimmick though.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Pretty sure that's meant to be used as a computer monitor. I do think curved screens are a pretty useless gimmick though.
I mis worded the thread I meant gimmicks obviously a curved screen is unusual and it’s opposite of the old curve in crt TVs . Why is it still popular or discontinued the curved screen ? Why does it exist in the first place ???
3d was a gimmick as you needed special disc for it too work and could not watch anything in live tv 3d.

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Curved screens can make sense for gamers that sit close to the screen like a PC monitor.

For HT, what a gimmick and stupid idea!

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
Here is another sort of gimmick!

The entire HZ wars going on for PC monitors. For FPS games going to 144hz (1080p) from a 60hz panel was literally game changing for me.
There have been 240hz panels for a while and I just noticed that 360hz in now a thing as well with 1080p resolution .

Frankly imo if you have the hardware to run current games at 360 fps average you should put that money into a good 1440p or a 2160 panel.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

The entire HZ wars going on for PC monitors. For FPS games going to 144hz (1080p) from a 60hz panel was literally game changing for me.
There have been 240hz panels for a while and I just noticed that 360hz in now a thing as well with 1080p resolution .

Frankly imo if you have the hardware to run current games at 360 fps average you should put that money into a good 1440p or a 2160 panel.
I got a Samsung 1280 x 1028 but it’s 75 hertz what on earth type of hertz is this? Lot of 60 hz tv are so cheap have no 3:2 pulldown and you can see the lagggs

Tesla spoken to them

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Adaptive framerate is awesome. Easily on of the best investments I made for my PC

360 does seem high, but that seems to be targeted at "pro gamers". Gotta have the best when it's literally your job.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Adaptive framerate is awesome. Easily on of the best investments I made for my PC

360 does seem high, but that seems to be targeted at "pro gamers". Gotta have the best when it's literally your job.
What’s 75 hz for it’s barely over 60:
Most newer tv mid range price are 120hz
How do they become pro gamers that sounds amazing ??

Tesla spoken to them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis