Work in progress.....forever

L

lynn2c

Audioholic Intern
Here is the system that I've been working on.

Denon 3805
Denon DVD 2200
Denon DCM 380 CD player
PSB Image 6T fronts
PSB Image 9c center
PSB Image 10s for side surrounds
PSB Image 4T for rear surrounds
Veledyne CT 15 sub
MTX 12" sub
Onkyo 610 for zone 2
Bose 251's for outdoor speakers (zone 2)
Crap RCA VCR
Denon Turntable
Hitachi 60V500 LCD rear projection
Squeezebox running Slim Server for network and internet connection

Attachments

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
I've always heard nice things about psb speakers. I'm sure they sound as nice as they say.

Just some thoughts while looking at your system which you might consider. Though you may not want to move your speakers about, I think you'd notice some improvements if you were to place your mains closer together, maybe a foot or two either side of the tv. This would no doubt improve soundstage and imaging. Also the rears should probably only be about 3-4 ft apart, it looks as though you have them in the corners of the room.

L

lynn2c

Audioholic Intern
The PSB's do sound nice. They are the discontinued Image line and I got a great deal on them. They don't match up to their Gold series, but my wallet wouldn't allow that.

Oh, I don't mind moving speakers at all, my wife says I should put wheels on them, I move em around all the time. The setup in the pictures was a result of me reading somewhere that you should have an equilateral triangle from the main speakers to the so called "sweet spot" where you sit and listen. If this were true though, I'd have to have them even further apart. I sit 15" back from the television. The rear speakers use to be close together and that produced a nice sound. I moved them to the corners so I could see if I liked using the mains and the rears only for music and the mains and the sides for movies. Thanks for the suggestions, this is pretty new for me and I need all the help I can get

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
You can go here to find out more about speaker placement. I don't agree 100% with everything written here, but it should be a good start and a big help to getting more from your system.

Placement Guide

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
*drool* That is a HOT SETUP! It looks as though you have two equalizers in the "right.jpg" picture, what are those?

L

lynn2c

Audioholic Intern
no equilizer

No, those aren't equilizers you see. I have two amps there. The denon is for the inside system and the onkyo runs zone 2 which are speakers outside.
My EQ is in the closet. Since I switched to the denon amp, I don't really need it anymore. The Denon produces a good enough sound without one.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Love the Setup. I'm a big PSB fan as well. I've put together my whole system from the discontinued Image line too due to the great savings. The last pair of 2Bs that I bought came tho $319 CDN including 15% tax. Congrats again on the nice system.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis