M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
Well, it's been a good couple of days, yesterday I receive a new chicklet or two, today I get a huge promotion at work. I enter my job with mixed feelings. I am sad to be leaving my Magnolia HT behind and all my beloved equipment, but I am entering a new department within BB where we will be carrying musical instruments, the other passion in my life. I'm excited and sad at the same time, odd how that works sometimes. One great thing about this is the promotion comes with a pay increase, allowing me to afford a lot of the stuff I used to sell. :D Thanks for reading.

Mike

Last edited:
pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Alright, I gotta know. What types of musical instruments?

-pat

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
We are carrying guitars, all kinds, drum sets, pro-audio equipment like live audio and recording equipment, and keyboards and synths, stuff like that.

Mike

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
(sigh of relief) I teach elementary band and am always a little...scared...whenever a big box store starts to carry instruments, band/orchestra instruments. Good luck in the new department and don't let 'em sell crap! (at least that B. company hasn't forayed into other arenas...)

-pat

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
Trust me, I know, both my wife and I have music degrees, her an education and I performance, we know all about those awesome wal-mart instruments. We were actually considering carrying a full line of band instruments at one point, mostly decent instruments, entry level Yamaha and the like, but they gave up on that pretty quick. Hopefully this will work out pretty well.

Mike

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
We are carrying guitars, all kinds, drum sets, pro-audio equipment like live audio and recording equipment, and keyboards and synths, stuff like that.

Mike
Congratulations are in order first. :)

Will they start to carry Headphones, and Mackie speakers? :eek::D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congratulations, Mike! A promotion...that's fantastic! What great news. Not as big of news as the two new chicklets, but still worthy. :)

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
Congratulations are in order first. :)

Will they start to carry Headphones, and Mackie speakers? :eek::D
We will carry a few more headphones to begin with, but we are still working out a lot of contracts with companies since this is a brand new department. We are starting with some of the lower end Mackie speakers and well as some Behringer, lots of M-Audio, Line-6, Roland, and Korg stuff. They are trying to work out with these companies that we will carry a lot of their entry level as regular stock but be able to order anything we want from their catalogs. We'll see how that goes since that is what they wanted to do for Magnolia but it hasn't quite got there yet.

Mike

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats on the promotion. It must be exciting to do something that's never been done before. It fits right into your education and a pay raise is always a good thing.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats on the promotion, and at least you can still get the employee discount on your future HT purchases!

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Well, it's been a good couple of days, yesterday I receive a new chicklet or two, today I get a huge promotion at work. I enter my job with mixed feelings. I am sad to be leaving my Magnolia HT behind and all my beloved equipment, but I am entering a new department within BB where we will be carrying musical instruments, the other passion in my life. I'm excited and sad at the same time, odd how that works sometimes. One great thing about this is the promotion comes with a pay increase, allowing me to afford a lot of the stuff I used to sell. :D Thanks for reading.

Mike
Congratulations on your promotion, Mudrummer99. Just from my brief interaction with you on Audioholics, you seem to be a great person and employee at your company .. I guess they recognized that value also ;)

Later,

MidCow2

Last edited by a moderator:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
We will carry a few more headphones to begin with, but we are still working out a lot of contracts with companies since this is a brand new department. We are starting with some of the lower end Mackie speakers and well as some Behringer, lots of M-Audio, Line-6, Roland, and Korg stuff. They are trying to work out with these companies that we will carry a lot of their entry level as regular stock but be able to order anything we want from their catalogs. We'll see how that goes since that is what they wanted to do for Magnolia but it hasn't quite got there yet.

Mike
If you haven't heard the Mackie HR824's then your in for a treat.

http://www.mackie.com/products/hrmk2series/index.html

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
Thank you everyone for the well-wishings. I think my favorite part of this job is going to be the fact that they are going to "force" me to learn guitar and bass. It's gonna be rough, you know, learning an instrument that I have for years wanted to play but have never had the time to pick up and play. In just about every way possible I am ecstatic about this position. I can't wait til I actually get to start...only a week and a half. Well, I'm off to buy a new guitar ;) thanks again all.

Mike

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats.

I didn't know Best Buy sold musical instruments. But now that I think about it, I did play around with an electric guitar at my local one in Santana Row.

So when do you start hooking up your fellow Audioholic brethren? ;)

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
Congrats.

I didn't know Best Buy sold musical instruments. But now that I think about it, I did play around with an electric guitar at my local one in Santana Row.

So when do you start hooking up your fellow Audioholic brethren? ;)
I have to get myself hooked up first, they are still in the process of building the department. It's a store within a store kind of like Magnolia is, so the sooner they get done with that, the sooner I get to move in. I can't wait for it.

Mike

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I have to get myself hooked up first, they are still in the process of building the department. It's a store within a store kind of like Magnolia is, so the sooner they get done with that, the sooner I get to move in. I can't wait for it.

Mike
Congrats again!:)

What do they call these new in store-stores?

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
Oddly enough, Best Buy Musical Instruments, not their most innovative name but it works.

Mike

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis