Wiring diagram for 12 or 8 subs

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Assuming that iNuke 6000 can really output 6 Kw..

Just my $0.02.. ;)
Looking at the back of that amp, it is 120V and either 620W or 820W. Good lick getting 6kW out of it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

How many amps are you planning to use?
If only 1, better plan on dividing the true power by the number of drivers for power to each speaker.

C

cloudbuster

Audioholic Intern
Looking at the back of that amp, it is 120V and either 620W or 820W. Good lick getting 6kW out of it.

Well if I end up using 6 driver per channel then I would only need 1,500w per channel
As the JBL are rated 250rms.

I am planning on only using 1 amp. But they are out of stock.
Probably because there a new 6000 model coming soon.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

You really need to read my post 20 and understand it.

You can do a lot better with less money and effort. You really do not have a plan that makes sense. One good sub always beats a bunch or poorer ones.

As I pointed out in post 20 this plan of yours will not even reach as deep as my center channel.

You are making an common elementary error in thinking that a lot of 12" drivers will produce deep bass. Well if you add 100 subs they will not reach deeper then one of them, just play louder.

If this is a music system it will do fine for most music, even so there are lot easier ways of reaching that goal. If it is deep movie effects from the LFE channel you are looking for this plan will NOT get you there.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And the amp is 120V. How could it possibly put out more than the 15A or 20A breaker it is plugged into?

But, it is your system. Good luck.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Why not just a couple 15" subs? They'd go deeper and be more than enough

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

C

cloudbuster

Audioholic Intern
You really need to read my post 20 and understand it.

You can do a lot better with less money and effort. You really do not have a plan that makes sense. One good sub always beats a bunch or poorer ones.

As I pointed out in post 20 this plan of yours will not even reach as deep as my center channel.

You are making an common elementary error in thinking that a lot of 12" drivers will produce deep bass. Well if you add 100 subs they will not reach deeper then one of them, just play louder.

If this is a music system it will do fine for most music, even so there are lot easier ways of reaching that goal. If it is deep movie effects from the LFE channel you are looking for this plan will NOT get you there.
Thanks,

But the tittle is how to wire = I already have them so I am willing to give them a try.
please dont take this the wrong way, I am just trying to say is that I already have the stuff.
The only Item missing beside some new binding post for the back of the enclosure is the Amplifier.
I would be buying the USB Mic and stuff to measure I could post graph and then you guy can let me know if it was a complete failure.

with that being said now I have to reconsider my amp selections
maybe get 2 and have each one in bridge mode to get more watts at around 4 ohms on 4 drivers per amplifier.
But if I end up getting 2 more driver per amplifier for a total of 6 per Amp the ohms would go to 6 so not sure how many watts would that be for each Ampplifier

non DSP version
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/open-box-behringer-inuke-nu3000-power-amp
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NX3000--behringer-nx3000-power-amplifier

DSP version
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer/iNUKE-NU3000DSP-Power-Amp.gc

DSP version pricey
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XLS1502--crown-xls-1502-power-amplifier

C

cloudbuster

Audioholic Intern
Update:
I ended up with eight 12” subs

Each one cost $32 plus the dual box from eBay and iNUKE 6000DSP amp.

For those that like to see pics here are a few

It seem is posible after all to use the car subs on a home setting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis