Wireless Video and Audio Sender

D

DavidS827

Audioholic Intern
Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm trying to come up with ways to get a video signal to a tv that doesn't have access to my satelite system.

Thanks,

Dave

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
DavidS827 said:
Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm trying to come up with ways to get a video signal to a tv that doesn't have access to my satelite system.

Thanks,

Dave
The Lorex 2.4 GHz A/V sender should fit the bill. It will send up to 300ft. in open space, but depending on your home construction it will drop to about 150ft. Also if your home already has cable lines run in it you could modulate the sat signal and send it through the existing coax lines.

Hope that helps :D

D

DavidS827

Audioholic Intern
JohnA said:
Also if your home already has cable lines run in it you could modulate the sat signal and send it through the existing coax lines.
I'm still a little wet behind the ears so to speak about this stuff. Could you explain that a little more?

Thanks!

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
DavidS827 said:
I'm still a little wet behind the ears so to speak about this stuff. Could you explain that a little more?

Thanks!
Ok, get a towel and dry your ears :)

A modulator takes a Video/L&R Audio signal (RCA type) like from your SAT or VCR, DVD, etc...and converts it to a RF (coax) signal, then it modulates it to a specific channel (ie. 90, 92, 94, etc...) when you attach a TV to the coax line you just turn the TV to the modulated channel and..BAM! you are watching your SAT signal. This only works if your home already has cable line run through it....does it?

D

DavidS827

Audioholic Intern
JohnA said:
Ok, get a towel and dry your ears :)

A modulator takes a Video/L&R Audio signal (RCA type) like from your SAT or VCR, DVD, etc...and converts it to a RF (coax) signal, then it modulates it to a specific channel (ie. 90, 92, 94, etc...) when you attach a TV to the coax line you just turn the TV to the modulated channel and..BAM! you are watching your SAT signal. This only works if your home already has cable line run through it....does it?
Yes, there are, but none of them run to the spot where I want to hang my TV.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
DavidS827 said:
Yes, there are, but none of them run to the spot where I want to hang my TV.
Well..it looks like a wireless video sender it is the way to go :)

L

Lincoln

Audioholic
Clint,

Panasonic had a similar "line of sight" HD sender at CES. Samsung had something too but I didn't see it. I could use a line sight device in my place but most people distributing video probably won't be able to utilize a device like this. None are on the market yet...I wish they were :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis