Wireless Surrounding Calibration Speakers?

J

jehutymoon

Audiophyte
Hello guys, we are Northeastern Business school entrepreneurship students who are doing a consumer survey for our project called “Smart Speakers”. Our idea is to design a set of multi-sided wireless speakers to cover a wide listening area for different houses with limited number of speakers needed. With the help of a Calibration APP we are going to make and the built-in microphone on your cell phone or tablet, the sound-field of these “smart speakers” can be calibrated by the exact position you are sitting in your house. The number of speaker you need depends on the space of your room and the sound quality you want. You can also control all the speakers simultaneously or separately.

Specifications:

ABS plastic case with piano painting, Black/White
Compact Size with multi-shielded design
4 inch single-point concentric driver
100 watt amplifier total
wireless interface module
Power Cable Connector
DSP processing box
IOS/android control app

If the retail price is $399/speaker, will you buy it? Any recommendation or comment for our idea?

Thank you guys very much. We are looking forward to and appreciate your reply.

Sincerely,
J

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hello guys, we are Northeastern Business school entrepreneurship students who are doing a consumer survey for our project called “Smart Speakers”. Our idea is to design a set of multi-sided wireless speakers to cover a wide listening area for different houses with limited number of speakers needed. With the help of a Calibration APP we are going to make and the built-in microphone on your cell phone or tablet, the sound-field of these “smart speakers” can be calibrated by the exact position you are sitting in your house. The number of speaker you need depends on the space of your room and the sound quality you want. You can also control all the speakers simultaneously or separately.

Specifications:

ABS plastic case with piano painting, Black/White
Compact Size with multi-shielded design
4 inch single-point concentric driver
100 watt amplifier total
wireless interface module
Power Cable Connector
DSP processing box
IOS/android control app

If the retail price is $399/speaker, will you buy it? Any recommendation or comment for our idea?

Thank you guys very much. We are looking forward to and appreciate your reply.

Sincerely,
J
I'm assuming that you want HONEST feedback?

Personally, I wouldn't buy it. It wouldn't fit my needs and I would be very leery of the sound quality.

I'm gonna guess that most of us on this site are gonna agree with me. Most of us put sound quality as the #1 concern and anything else comes secondary.

Now, you may have a target market that would buy it, but probably not many on this site that will fit your target market.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
IMO, it is going to depend on the quality of the sound produced. For home theater this might not be a viable product, but if you simplified it and brought the cost (and processing and amplification level) down, you might have a product that would appeal to the mobile (tablet, phone) market.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis