Wireless surround options?

D

David cook

Audioholic Intern
Hello:

Is it possible to use powered speakers with a wireless device to create rear surround speakers? If so what small speaker pair & wireless transmitter would you use or can I bluetooth the speakers to my stereo which has bluetooth if my front, center, etc. are wired?

Thank you for responding.

David

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello:

Is it possible to use powered speakers with a wireless device to create rear surround speakers? If so what small speaker pair & wireless transmitter would you use or can I bluetooth the speakers to my stereo which has bluetooth if my front, center, etc. are wired?

Thank you for responding.

David
It is possible but not an optimal solution. Hard wired is best.

The problems are drop outs, pops, noise and latency issues. Bluetooth is not an adequate solution.

Outlaw have a system and they claim low latency. None of us are keen on this which is why you have not got much traction.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
SVS has a wireless transmitter kit. It works well for subwoofers. I have not tried powered speakers but it supports that.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yamaha has MusicCast, which DOES work well and synchronizes well because it uses two way communication to verify it. As long as the network is sound, meaning that anything that can be wired IS wired and the distance from the router to devices isn't excessive, it will work fine. You can use their WXC-50 as the main device and their add-on speakers & sub for the rest. It won't do 7.2 or anything like that but 5.1 is good. I'm using a WXC-50 as my preamp- I like it.

Is it the best? No, but it's definitely very good.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Related: enjoyment of multi-channel or even stereo music via DLNA Network connection is a problem when gapless delivery is needed. Not a problem with usb drive connection for music, or for movies an HDMI connection from player to AVR/AVC.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis