Wireless stereo systems--HELP!

S

scordelia

Audiophyte
I want to set up a wireless stereo system in my home. I have to confess that I am not a techno-geek nor a real audiophile. I just like to listen to music and NPR and I want nice sound quality. I am not looking for a home theatre system.

So here is what I would like--a stereo with a multi CD player and radio with six wireless speakers (for three rooms). I do not need a cassette player or alarm clock. I like simple things. Smaller is better. And I do not want to spend a fortune--so no Bose.

Thanks for your help.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
I’ve never seen a wireless system that was designed for specifically multiroom. I’d suggest Googling “wireless speakers” for some options. Just make sure whatever you decide on has sufficient range to reach the rooms you want them to go in, and has a substantial number of positive user reviews. Some of them are prone to noise, interference and drop-outs, not to mention the typical 2.4 gHz operating frequency might nuke your cordless phone or wireless internet.

Of course, you’ll still need a “front end” – AM/FM receiver and CD player. You’ll probably have to get that separately from the speakers. Make sure whatever you get has provisions to accommodate the wireless speakers you choose.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis