wireless cable transmitters

K

klater

Audiophyte
Hey all, I need some advice on wireless cable transmitters to send sat. from living room to bedroom without running cables, drilling holes, etc. or costing me my first two children, and my left arm. Is there anything out there with decent quality at say, 60 ft.?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Clarification is needed.

There are some items that will send out a rudimentary composite video signal and analog stereo for one seleceted channel under ideal circumstances, but depending on your definition of "wireless cable transmitters", this mignt not be what you're looking for.

If you want the full boat od what cable TV offers, I doubt you'll find it.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey all, I need some advice on wireless cable transmitters to send sat. from living room to bedroom without running cables, drilling holes, etc. or costing me my first two children, and my left arm. Is there anything out there with decent quality at say, 60 ft.?
Even if you could send HDTV wirelessly, PPV won't work. I don't know if that was one of your concerns but I thought I'd toss that out there.

K

klater

Audiophyte
clarification

Even if you could send HDTV wirelessly, PPV won't work. I don't know if that was one of your concerns but I thought I'd toss that out there.
actually, this is just for sd. to replace the rabbit ears in the b.r.(not to mention the 3 whole channels :) )The sat. receiver will allow me to hook up a second t.v. with just sd. I just didn't want to start drilling holes & such.

K

klater

Audiophyte
If you haven't seen these already, you might consider the Nyrius NY-GS3200 or the Terk Technologies Leapfrog LF-30S.

At those prices, you can likely keep your children...and your arm. :)
thats what i'm talking about! They only ship to U.S., (I'm Canadian, eh!) but I should be able to figure something out. Thanks Adam.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Always happy to help if I can. :)

I'm sure that other places carry those (and products like them), but just a heads up that Amazon Canada carries both of those. However, the Nyrius is from third party vendors (good feedback, though), and the Terk is currently out of stock.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The Nyrius would probably be your best bet since it includes an IR extender so you can control the cable box from the bedrroom. The Terk would require a separate IR remote extender to do that.

Since wireless stuff is always a tricky propoaition, particularly going through walls, make sure you have a money-back guarantee and keep all packing materials.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis