Wireless AVR to PC control

B

BananaMae

Audiophyte
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I would like some help.

I've recently gotten my hands on a denon 4810 AVR, and managed to get the wireless networking capabilities up and running so I can stream from my laptop.
However, the web browser based interface provided isn't very impressive, especially when browsing through my music library.

What I want to know is if it's possible to view the receiver as a sound device from my PC, so I can use an audio player like windows media player/winamp to control what's being played. If not, is there a way to do this that won't involve involve buying extra components?

drunkmunk

drunkmunk

Junior Audioholic
I don't know if your AVR has the capabilities or not but if you have a PC with Windows 7 I would look at the "play to" feature. Basically it allows you to control compatible equipment and play the music from inside of WMP 12. all you have to do after it is setup is open Windows Media Player 12 on the PC, Right click the music you want to listen to and select "play to". available devices should show up (ie your AVR, other windows 7 PC's or an Xbox 360). This is all coming from stuff I have read about recently though not personal experience. It's still going to be a while until I get to play with these functions in person.

Paul

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis