Wireless 24/192 Question

S

Sound Advice

Audiophyte
I am trying to find a way to do through and through 24/192 wireless digital audio.

I have a 24/192 home stereo DAC and my desktop computer, where my 24/192 FLAC files are stored, has an ASUS mother board that natively does 24/192 digital optical output. It works great and sounds great.

Now I want wireless 24/192 digital audio added to that. All my research has come up empty or at least component specs are too vague to find what I need.

Any ideas?

Thanks
John

C

cptslow

Audioholic Intern
When you say you want wireless digital audio added, what do you mean ? do you want to stream your music wirelessly to a stereo system?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

S

Sound Advice

Audiophyte
I am open to any ideas.

Yes and no, play from or controlled from a handheld device.

Thanks

S

Sound Advice

Audiophyte
Thank you for that. To my dismay, I was excluding options that came with their own DAC and speakers built-in. However, if I can mute those and still retain the signal out, that may work. Albeit, I don't need to pay for those items again and not use them.

I will investigate the entire Bluesound line and let you know what I decide.

Thanks

T

Tao1

Audioholic
Thank you for that. To my dismay, I was excluding options that came with their own DAC and speakers built-in. However, if I can mute those and still retain the signal out, that may work. Albeit, I don't need to pay for those items again and not use them.

I will investigate the entire Bluesound line and let you know what I decide.

Thanks
Well you definitely do need a DAC at the receiving end. Some receivers come with bluetooth adapters, but other than that I don't know of anything to attach to a receiver for a wireless signal.

If you want to send a DIGITAL wireless signal you need a DAC at the receiver. Also if you are transmitting wireless audio digitally, your computer DAC isn't doing anything, since it is a "digital to analogue converter" and you are not converting to analogue in the computer, but at the receiving end. That being said, you obviously don't want to send an analogue radio signal, since you will pick up all sorts of interference.

Last edited:
S

Sound Advice

Audiophyte
Well you definitely do need a DAC at the receiving end. Some receivers come with bluetooth adapters, but other than that I don't know of anything to attach to a receiver for a wireless signal.

If you want to send a DIGITAL wireless signal you need a DAC at the receiver. Also if you are transmitting wireless audio digitally, your computer DAC isn't doing anything, since it is a "digital to analogue converter" and you are not converting to analogue in the computer, but at the receiving end. That being said, you obviously don't want to send an analogue radio signal, since you will pick up all sorts of interference.
Thank you, yes, I already have a dedicated component 24/192 DAC at my stereo and the computer does not have a DAC as it sends digital via the optical.

Thanks

S

Sound Advice

Audiophyte
I acquired the Node 2 from Bluesound. It does what I need as advertised. The ability to control/play wirelessly my 24/192 digital audio library. Probably spent more than I needed since I did not need another 24/192 DAC as I already have one but it works and sounds great and that's what counts.

Thanks for the assistance.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I use a Bluesound Vault and other than that it can rip CD's it's similar to the Node (and more money.) For folks who already have the files, transferring them to a Node or Vault gets you the ability to access the files and play them without having a computer on, but the real benefit is the control. They have excellent apps for Android and IOS devices, and those apps also wirelessly access and control most of the major hi-fi streaming services such as Tidal.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis