Wilson LōKē @ Stereophile

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think I may have designed this sub for them! Take a look at this thread. I bet mine is probably better though.
Looks like the same driver. However, their enclosure size is a bit larger, and they are using a different port. Tuning frequency between the two designs is not exactly the same. Looks like they used the larger cabinet space to hit a slightly lower port tuning. So very similar design, but not the same. My guess is that your cylinder port is better behaved than their slot port. Mark, if you took your design and gave it 20 layers of lacquer, you could charge 9k for it too!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Looks like the same driver. However, their enclosure size is a bit larger, and they are using a different port. Tuning frequency between the two designs is not exactly the same. Looks like they used the larger cabinet space to hit a slightly lower port tuning. So very similar design, but not the same. My guess is that your cylinder port is better behaved than their slot port. Mark, if you took your design and gave it 20 layers of lacquer, you could charge 9k for it too!
No, mine is worth more! Mine will have the better quality bass. With all their folderall about Q, mine is right in the optimal spot and theirs is not.

That is the very same driver I use in my TL in wall sub.

Crossover 80Hz for this measurement.

Impedance curve.

That Dayton 10" driver is actually a really good driver. That sub fills that whole space without breaking a sweat.

If members want an inexpensive sub build that plan in this thread will do them proud. The person a designed it for is very pleased with it. He can now say he has a bargain!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis