Will the ATI HD 4670 bitsteam DTS-HD to my receiever using Any DVD HD?

D

duggyhow

Enthusiast
I was wondering do you think it's my 500W powersupply that is giving the problems? The 5770 calls for a minimum of 450W, so giving my other components are draining the power, could the card just not be getting enought power to display picture? Do I need a 700W? Also, can you bitsteam blurays just putting the disc in and playing it in PDVD9? Also, have you tried to play the file Anydvd makes when it copies to the hard drive and it bitstream thru Powerdvd or MPC-HC? How do you get MPC-HC to play a bluray disc straight from the drive? Also, did you install the full version of Win7 or just the premium for 130 dollars? I got the upgrade for Windows Vista that says if you are using Windows XP to perform a clean install. I was just wondering if the bitstreaming will still work with the Premium Win7? Thanks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was wondering do you think it's my 500W powersupply that is giving the problems? The 5770 calls for a minimum of 450W, so giving my other components are draining the power, could the card just not be getting enought power to display picture? Do I need a 700W? Also, can you bitsteam blurays just putting the disc in and playing it in PDVD9? Also, have you tried to play the file Anydvd makes when it copies to the hard drive and it bitstream thru Powerdvd or MPC-HC? How do you get MPC-HC to play a bluray disc straight from the drive? Also, did you install the full version of Win7 or just the premium for 130 dollars? I got the upgrade for Windows Vista that says if you are using Windows XP to perform a clean install. I was just wondering if the bitstreaming will still work with the Premium Win7? Thanks.
I also have a 500W Power Supply Unit (ThermalTake). At one point I was using FIVE HDDs, 2 BD-ROMs, & Radeon 4850 without issues.

Yes, you can play a BD disc in the BD drive w/ PDVD9.

Yes, I have played many, many files made with just AnyDVD HD & PDVD9.

I have never used MPC-HC.

I did a fresh complete full version install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I also tried the 32-bit version on my 2nd HTPC; it worked fine also.

D

duggyhow

Enthusiast
So, you are using a 500w powersupply with your 5xxx card with no issues? Also, you have played bluray movies straight thru Powerdvd and they bitstreamed DTS-HD? And you have also played the M2TS files thru Powerdvd and they bitstreamed DTS-HD? Can you tell me in detail how to use VCD? I have tried to figure it out before, jw. Thanks alot for your time.

D

duggyhow

Enthusiast
Also, what motherboard are you using with your 5xxx card? Thanks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
1) So, you are using a 500w powersupply with your 5xxx card with no issues?

2) Also, you have played bluray movies straight thru Powerdvd and they bitstreamed DTS-HD?

3) And you have also played the M2TS files thru Powerdvd and they bitstreamed DTS-HD?

4) Can you tell me in detail how to use VCD? I have tried to figure it out before, jw. Thanks alot for your time.
1) Yes
2) Yes

3) No. I play ISO files "mounted" with VCD, not M2TS files. Although I believe M2TS files would work without VCD.

4) With Win7, after installing VCD and PDVD9 and setting the Windows Autoplay to PDVD9, it is extremely simple. All you have to do is DOUBLE-CLICK on the movie ISO files and that is it!

D

duggyhow

Enthusiast
Yeah, I saw what motherboard you are using after I posted that, sry, lol. I ordered a DIY Combo PC for bitstreaming HD audio for 200. Good dealk I think from Newegg. New ones are 500 at Bestbuy. The reason for this being the 5770 isn't compatible with my 2003 motherboard. My friend put the card in his computer and it worked fine. I had to upgrade. Do you think a GIGABYTE motherboard will be compatible with the videocard? Can you try the M2ts file if you get time? Thanks so much for your time, you've been a wonderful help to me. I am so anxious to put my new computer together.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I saw what motherboard you are using after I posted that, sry, lol. I ordered a DIY Combo PC for bitstreaming HD audio for 200. Good dealk I think from Newegg. New ones are 500 at Bestbuy. The reason for this being the 5770 isn't compatible with my 2003 motherboard. My friend put the card in his computer and it worked fine. I had to upgrade. Do you think a GIGABYTE motherboard will be compatible with the videocard? Can you try the M2ts file if you get time? Thanks so much for your time, you've been a wonderful help to me. I am so anxious to put my new computer together.
Gigabyte MB will probably work. My 2nd HTPC has a Gigabyte MB and it worked.

D

duggyhow

Enthusiast
I finally got bitstreaming to work in PowerDVD with my new motherboard with the 5770 card. I just can't seem to get the M2TS files to bitstream thru MPC-HC. I may just try VCD. Does anyone know what filters to use and which ones to uncheck on MPC-HC and get bitstreaming DTS-HD? Thanks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis