Will Onkyo TX-SR602 work in India

R

ramesh01

Audiophyte
Hi,

I am new to this forum and after researching I found the TX-SR602 is a good receiver. I am building a HT system and was wondering if I take this receiver to India will it work. Since the voltage is 220 I will be buying a transformer to step the voltage to 110. Is there any bearing on the Hertz. Please help.

G

geordie

Audiophyte
Dear Ramesh01 ,
I too have imported av equipment from the USA due to the substantial savings that can be made in comparison from here in the UK . I imported a new Integra DTC 9.4 controller and a used Integra research rda 7 . Plus a set of axion speakers . this system far exceeds my expectations and i am delighted with it , coupled to a infoucs x1 projector I have a system far beter than I dreamed possible . I also finished it with a Harmony remote which again surpassed my expectations and allowes even my 76 year old mother to operate the system , all USA/Canada imports .

I am guessing that due to our shared history India has the same volt/herts as the UK . I obtained two large transformers from a uk company and it runs the equipment just fine . I did however run into some problems with the video swiching in the procceser , I think that as the DTC 9.4 is only made for the usa its video proccesing did not like our Pal system and it also up converts to component , i dont know if the 602 will present the same problems i had , i guess not but even if it does you can overcome it by obtaining, again from the usa a remote control video swicher . Mine is an Entec director and it works perfectly . I obtained mine used from a American Hi Fi store and they shipped it out to me . I is linked to the comands on my remote and everything works seamlesly . May I recommend "Ebuyer .com " hear in the uk for excellent supply of discounted projectors , £600 next day delivery on a screenplay x1 . Hope this helps , Geordie

R

ramesh01

Audiophyte
Thanks Geordie. This releives my worries. I will take this unit to India.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Hi Ramesh,

I live in India currently and have bought back all my 110V gear that I bought in the US, make sure to get a quality step down with proper rating from Tripp Lite, the ones available locally are too noisy.

A

AudioManiac

Audiophyte
Sub woofer

Hi,
I will be moving to India soon and I have an Old ONKYO setup with BOSE speakers. However I need to get a sub woofer from India. Do you know any good Subs that I can get from India?
Thanks!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis