will changing the dvd player change the way your system sounds?

M

marky

Junior Audioholic
i have a cheap philips dvd player that plays all fomats. i was wondering if i change it to a more expensive one, will it make my system sound better. does it all depend on ur reciever and speakers? i currently have klipsch rb25, rc25, and some acoustic research s20s for surrounds. the s20s arent bad speakers, they sound pretty good. actually they arent as foward as the klipsch.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
It depends. If you're using the digital out on your player right now, switching to a more expensive player and using the digital out will not change the sound. However, if you're using the analog outs, then yes, a different player will have a different sonic signature. How much? Probably not a lot, as speakers and room acoustics account for the vast majority of your sound.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
marky try a demo of another DVD player and find out.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
marky said:
i have a cheap philips dvd player that plays all fomats. i was wondering if i change it to a more expensive one, will it make my system sound better. does it all depend on ur reciever and speakers? i currently have klipsch rb25, rc25, and some acoustic research s20s for surrounds. the s20s arent bad speakers, they sound pretty good. actually they arent as foward as the klipsch.

A caution about a demo and comparison of componnents. Human bias is a major player in the comparison picture that you need special tools to eliminate. If you don't, your results will be unreliable hence you will not know one way or the other. This bias aspect is well known, so don't dismiss it. And, it is not something you can controll.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis