J

Jake

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I was using Definitive Tech's Pro Cinema 100 with 200TL SUB and Denon AVR4800 with DMV3700 dvd player. I decided to upgrade to a much more robust system. &nbsp;What I want to know is now that I have Studio 100's for front and 40's for surrounds and CC570 for center channel. &nbsp;I am also using AUDIOQUEST BEDROCK (L,R,C) and SLATE on surrounds. Why do I have to increase volume? &nbsp;I did the setup on the DENON 4800 setting all as large speakers and still using 200TL sub.
I get better dynamics at a higher volume but it seems like my listening will be at -13db as opposed to -20db. Do these speakers require more power? &nbsp;Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Jake;

I suspect your new speakers have lower sensitivity than your old ones and thus you need to feed them more power to achieve the same listening levels. &nbsp;Check out our FAQ: Power, DB, SPL that discusses this.

Congratulations on your set-up. &nbsp;It sounds like you built a nice system.</font>

J

Jake

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>

Thanks Gene.  I have enjoyed the Definitive system for about 3 years. I was really excited to upgrade to the PARADIGM STUDIO V.3 I am waiting on your comprehensive review on the DENON DVD5900. The PARADIGMS sensitivity are all 88/89.
The DEFINITIVE PROMONITORS and C2 center were all  91/92.

PARADIGM uses room/anechoic for example for the STUDIO 40 it has a 91db/88db.
Thanks again.

Jake</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Jake, when you auditioned your new Studio 100 v3s, did you have the opportunity to compare them against the v2s, and did you get to hear the Studio 60 v3s? &nbsp;I'm impressed with the Studio 100 v3s, but think that the 60 v3s would fit my needs, but haven't been able to hear them. &nbsp;Any feedback from you on your buying experience would be helpful.

Thanks,

Pat
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jake

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Hello Pat.   I initially auditioned the Studio 60 V.3 at a location that had the Studio 100 v.2.  I was really impressed with the performance of the Studio 60 V.3 compared to the 100 V.2. &nbsp;I did not have the opportunity to compare the 60 and the 100 V.3. &nbsp;The location that I auditioned the Studio 100 V.3 did not have the 60's on display but I can say that the 100's were impressive.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis