M

Mitchell Torres

Audioholic Intern
I always see posts about why you should buy this or that, well I am on the market for a receiver and speakers with about a $500.00 WAF limit. I have looked at a bunch of different receivers and speakers and some HTIB's. One that recently caught my eye is the Onkyo HT-S770.

So.......why SHOULDN'T I buy it. (and this isnt meant to bash Onkyo, just to generate other options.)

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
I woudn't buy Onkyo because the name sounds like the noise a Japanese pig might make. :D

Other than that, I hear they make good stuff. Seriously -- compare features, amp power, ease of use and whatever else you think important at your budget and make your choice. Wonderful thing about audio electronics these days is it's hard to go really wrong!

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
I have an Onkyo reciever and couldnt be any happier with it.

Paul

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
As long as that receiver that comes with it is the SR-502 (which it looks like it is) then it looks like a pretty good deal for the cash. Onkyos website sucks for actual product descriptions and rear panel views of their HTIB systems. I looked at CNet for reviews and some additional specs and everything seems really good about it.

Great deal for all that you get so on a budget... well like my brother is... I think I'll recommend it to him. Thanks for the question and an idea for a HTIB system for a family member.

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
If you're interested to see the back of the Onkyo TX-SR502 in an XL close up photo go to:

www.crutchfield.com search for it, click on the picture twice to get to the XL back view of the unit.

Mr.T

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis