Why no reviews on the new NHT "C" series?

B

BenjaminS

Audiophyte
I'm looking to get back into home theater after being away for a while. My last good speakers were the NHT Classic 3's. I've checked out the new NHT "C" series, however, there have been absolutely no reviews that I can find on this or any other site. Are they so bad that no one wants to review them? Any information is appreciated.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
When I saw that the new C series models were out, I too looked for some reviews. And I too found nothing.

They look very similar, with the biggest differences being the cosmetics of the cabinets (flat top and bottom instead of curved top and bottom).

I think the newer C models use a 1" tweeter instead of a 3/4" tweeter, so that's a difference - and that might mean there are differences in the crossovers too. But overall, I would guess the speakers are far more similar than different in sound quality.

B

BenjaminS

Audiophyte
Thanks Beave. I'm still hoping that some reviews on the C series show up.

D

dswierenga

Audiophyte
I have the C4s and the C LRC. The C4s replaced my long-in-the-tooth AR91s. I listen to music mostly and was looking for another acoustic suspension design. I already had a pair of Classic 3s which I love. The C4s and the LRC did not disappoint. They sound similar to the AR91s i.e. slightly warm. I've been completely satisfied. The C4s are only rated down to 45Hz but I have two Velodyne subs to handle the lows. With the AR91s set to an 80Hz crossover they were pretty much the same in terms of low freq response. The finish on these speakers is terrific. High WAF.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis